JotForm can also generate an RSS feed which you can use to get notified (aside from email) of the latest submissions to your forms. Since RSS uses standard XML format, it can also be used to fetch submission data and utilize them in many different ways.
To create an RSS feed for your form:
- Go to the My Forms page.
- Select the form you want to generate a report from.
- Click the Reports menu.
- Then click Add New Report.
- Select RSS Listing on the Create a new report modal pop-up.
- Next will be the RSS Listing Report setup page, which is divided into 3 sections.
- Report Name – type the name of the report that will be shown under the Reports menu on the My Forms page.
- Fields – include or exclude fields and other information such as Submission ID, Submission Date, or IP address.
- Report Configurations – enable or disable additional report settings to your preference.
Password protection – an optional but added layer of security.
Click the Create button at the bottom to finish the setup.
- After clicking the Create button, you will be prompted that the RSS Listing Report is ready. On the same pop-up, you will see the link to the RSS Listing Report that you created. There is also a button to copy that link, (a) and a button to download the report. (b)
Click the close (X) icon at the top-right corner to close the pop-up.
The report will be in XML format so on its own, it won’t be readable and user-friendly. You need to use an RSS app or reader to present this data properly. There are plenty of options, but one good example is QuiteRSS.
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.