There are times when you offer a product with multiple variants, and you want your customers to choose many of them. Instead of creating a separate product entry for each variant, JotForm can automatically create sub-products for you by specifying which option to base them from.
Say, you are selling T-shirts, and you are offering them in Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow. By ticking this check box, the specified product option will be broken down into sub-products from which your customers can choose.
Here are the steps on how you can set up sub-products on your payment field.
1. First, I presume you are already familiar with how to set up a payment/order form? You can check this guide for the basics.
Alternatively, we also have the Product List. It’s a payment module, but without a payment integration by default. The advantage of using the Product List is the ability to remove the payment gateway, but without deleting the products from your form.
2. Now, we can only create sub-products if and only if the PAYMENT TYPE option is set to SELL PRODUCTS. The Product List is designed to always Sell Products.
3. In the payment wizard after adding a product, you need to first add a QUANTITY. Go to the Options tab, and click the +ADD button under Add a Quantity Selector.
4. Now select “Dropdown” or “Textbox” in the “Show Quantity on the Form as” section, then save the changes by clicking the “Save Quantity” button.
5. In the product details, you can see that you already have the QUANTITY there. Next, we add a Product OPTION. Still, on the Options tab, click the +ADD button under the Add a Product Option.
6. Here you can define your sub-products. In this case, I want to have different color options for my t-shirt product. You’ll need to enable the “Create Sub Products from Options“. Then list them down in the “Options” table. The option is automatically save for you.
7. In the product options, you will now see these two attributes on your product, a QUANTITY and OPTION. The changes are automatically saved for you.
8. Here’s an example form that has a sub-product option: https://www.jotform.com/63353988539978
What if you want each variant to have a different price? Easy, by enabling the “Special Pricing Per Option”, you will be able to specify a price for each particular variant. Here’s a guide for that: What is Special Pricing?
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.