The Show/Hide Field is part of the Conditional Logic feature. This option is useful if you want to show or hide follow-up questions depending on the user’s answer.
Let’s start with an example form with the “Would you like any dessert?” question.
We will apply conditional logic to this field that would show the “What kind of dessert do you have in mind?” follow-up question if the user answered “Yes”.
To set this up…
- Open the Settings tab in the Form Builder.
- Click Conditions on the left.
- Select the Show/Hide Field option.
- Set up the condition and action in the next window. In our example form, the conditional logic would be as follows:
To break that down:
- We’ve set the condition or IF statement to check if the “Would you like any dessert?” question is equal to “Yes”
- The action or DO statement will show the “What kind of dessert do you have in mind?” question if the condition is met.
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
Note that you can add many rules and actions if needed. You can also show or hide multiple fields at once. Check out the following guides to learn more:
- Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once
- Show or Hide Multiple Fields at Once Using the Section Collapse Field