A common issue that some might not realize that it is actually very simple to move your forms and data from one Jotform account to another.
This guide here is designed to teach you how to do this in a very simple and effortless way, so let’s get started!
There are 2 easy ways for you to learn how to move or transfer your forms and data so we will tell you about each of the three methods below.
Option #1 – Let Us Do it for You
This is fastest and easiest way to Move or Transfer your Form(s) is to allow us to move them for you. We can move One Form or even All Forms. It can be done in an instant and it also includes your Form Submission Data.
(1) Simply Open a New Thread in our Forum telling us you need to Move your Form(s).
(2) Provide us with your Username the Form(s) are on.
(3) Tell us the Name(s) or Provide us with Links to the Form(s) you need us to Move.
(4) Tell us the Username of the Account that you want your Form(s) and Data Transferred.
(5) Once this is completed we will then respond to you to confirm it.
Note: It is not possible to move/transfer forms from and to HIPAA-enabled accounts due to security restrictions. Also, it is not advisable to disable HIPAA to move/transfer forms.
Effective October 2018 the Sub-User feature has been discontinued and is no longer available for creating new sub-users. If you had been using this feature previously, you’re grandfathered.
If you would like to have additional users added to your account, please check out Jotform Enterprise.
The other way to do this is by Transferring the Ownership of your Form(s) and Submission Data to Move them. This is only available if you happen to be a Sub-Account User or Owner of Forms that are Shared with a Sub-Account User as it works both ways!
1. Make sure your Second Account is set up as a Sub-Account or vice versa.
2. Log into your First Account with the Form(s) you want to Move.
3. Next, Go to the My Forms page.
4. On the left-hand side of your screen, you will see on the left a visible folder labeled Form(s) “Shared with You”.
5. While on your My Forms page with the Forms “Shared with You” displayed you can now Drag’N’Drop your Form(s) from the My Forms list to the right and drag them to the Folder on the left under the Shared with You.
6. Your screen should then go dark and you will receive a Warning Notice asking if you wish to proceed with “Transferring Ownership of your Form(s)” and click “Continue”. It will warn you that it is Not Reversible but that just means that you cannot transfer it back from the same account you just sent it from.
If you are unsure or still need help just let us know in the comments section below and we can gladly check and help you with this more.