So you want to change the “Thank You” message based on your form’s field value? Example case scenario is when you have a quiz form, you want to display different “Thank You” messages depending on their score. That is possible using Jotform’s Conditions feature (Conditional Logic).
Here’s a demo form that I made: https://form.jotform.com/61261673250955?. Feel free to answer the general trivia questions that I have, see the thank you messages depending if you passed or fail.
This is how I setup mine:
1. First, I setup the questions using radio buttons and assigned calculation values on them. “0” for an incorrect answer and “1” for the correct answer.
To learn more about this, feel free to check this guide link: How to assign calculation values on your form fields
2. I will then use the Form Calculation widget to calculate the total scores. You can check this guide link to learn more about this. The total score is hidden, I don’t want my users to see the live score being calculated in sight.
3. Now how to change the “Thank You” message based on the user’s total score? Start by navigating to
Settings-> Conditions page:
4. Select Change “Thank You” Page.
5. The condition logic has two parts, the “IF” and “DO” statement. Select “Display a custom message on submission” in the “DO” drop down option.
Here’s the anatomy of a conditional logic:
“IF” statement => The rule that needs to be met for the condition to trigger.
“DO” statement => The action that will be triggered when the “IF” rule is true.
=> This button allows you to add another “IF” statement rule.
6. When you scroll down after selecting “Display a custom message on submission“, you’ll see a text editor, this allows you to change the message to be shown when the “IF” rule is true.
7. Now repeat steps 3-6 if you need to add multiple thank you messages depending on the score range. In my case, I only have two conditions. If the score is greater than 59% (meaning 60% and up) I’ll display the congratulatory message, if the score is less than 60% (meaning 59% and below) I’ll display the other.
Congratulations! You are now done. Make sure to save the changes and test your form 🙂
If you have any questions? Feel free to comment below or open a thread in our forum.