Browse Article by Topicsunique deduplication single one unique submission calculation
- How to clone an existing form from your account
- How to clone an embedded form from a webpage
- How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL
- How to Set Unique Submissions on a Form
- How to Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions?
- How to Set up Paypal Along with Other Payment Options
- How to Update the Multiple Payment Form
- How to set Form Limits Based on a Unique Question
- Where have the Power Tools gone?
- How to Setup Folders Using Unique ID widget in Dropbox?
Related Forum Questions
- Conneting one form to four different lists of MailChimp
- Saved forms are gone
- Submit button not visible on android smartphone
- Cannot type in Email address or Cell phone Field
- Is there a way to clone a report from one form to another?
- Cannot update new calculation formula for Form Calculation Widget
- Email history is incorrect
- Form Calculation "brown comma" instead of "black comma"
- DateTime Single widget iframe
- It's not sending me my submissions
How to Have Unique Question Using Multiple FieldsAdded: May 29, 2016
JotForm already have a cool feature that will allow collecting deduplicated data base on a unique question answer.
But what if the unique data requires multiple combination of answers and not base only on a single question/field?
The unique question feature allows only one unique question for a unique answer. So you cannot use the same feature only.
This guide will show you how to have a unique data that is based on multiple questions/fields on the form.
Demo form : https://form.jotform.com/61007323525950
In the demo form, the unique data is a combination of the E-mail ID and Position code.
Here are the steps on how to create unique question using multiple fields:
1. Decide which of at least 2 or more fields will constitute the unique question data on the form.
In the demo form, the unique question is the combination of E-mail ID and Position code.
2. Add a Textbox field on the form.
In the demo form, the Textbox was named Unique Code. The unique code question can be hidden also to hide the unique data generated.
3. Add Condition logic on the form using the Update/Calculate field rule.
4. Create the calculation formula by copying the values of the selected fields into the Textbox field (Unique Code).
Make sure the summary is set to the Textbox field.
User guide: How to Peform Calculation on the Form
5. Save the Calcuation condition.
6. Go to Setup & Embed / Preferences / Advanced and set Unique Question to Unique Code field.
7. Save the Preferences settings.
8. Save the form and test.
In the demo form https://form.jotform.com/61007323525950, the unique data can have duplicate E-mail ID or Position code, but not a combination of both.