The Edit URL is one of the features in the Form Builder, particularly with the form emails, that you can use for updating specific submission data without logging in to your Jotform account. You can also provide the same to your form users to allow them to update their information.
There are some cases that you’d want to show or hide fields when editing an entry, mostly for administrative purposes like the following:
- Add a status on the user’s submissions
- Add additional details
- Update admin-only fields
- Hide fields that you do not wish to be updated by the users
Adding the Get Form Page URL Widget
The first thing you need is the Get Form Page URL widget. Here are the steps to add it:
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button.
- Go to the Widgets tab.
- Now, look for the Get Page URL widget and click it to add.
Setting up the Conditional Logic
The condition to show or hide the field(s) is the last piece of this trick. Here are the steps to do that:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click Conditions on the left panel.
- Choose Show / Hide Field option from the list.
- Next, set up your condition as shown in the below image:
The most important part of the condition is making sure you’re selecting the Get Form Page URL as the source field, selecting “Contains” as the State, and adding the word “edit” as the Target Value.
Feel free to test our demo form here: https://www.jotform.com/213451765769063.
Let us know in the comments box below for questions, suggestions, or feedback. You can also reach us by creating a support ticket.