It’s finally here! Introducing Jotform Cards: The friendly way to ask.
So, you wanted to create one yourself? Before we get started, let’s break down the anatomy of a Card Form into sections:
1. WELCOME PAGE: This will serve as the very first page (or card) that your customers will see. The Welcome Page is a great way introduce your organization and to briefly explain the purpose of your form. By connecting with your respondent early in the form, it increases the likelihood they’ll fill it out.
2. THE CARDS THEMSELVES: Compared with traditional forms, Jotform Cards present the questions one at a time, as cards. Despite our best efforts, human eyes can only read one thing at a time. And even if you could read two things at once, you can’t type out answers to multiple form questions simultaneously. That’s why we made Jotform Cards show one question at a time. It significantly improves focus, and reduces page noise.
3. PROGRESS BAR: This is invaluable for letting your respondents know how much they’ve completed. The progress bar goes one step further and indicate completed questions with a bright green dot. It’s a gamification feature that encourages form completion. People are more likely to complete a task when there’s a visual indicator of their overall progress.
4. THANK YOU PAGE: And of course, on form completion, your respondents will still be presented with a Thank You page that confirms their submission was received. Use this to thank them for completing the form or provide further instructions on what to do next.
Now that we’re familiar with how a Card Form looks like, it’s time to build one.
1. Log in to your Jotform Account and go to your MY FORMS page.
2. Click the CREATE FORM button.
3. A modal popup should show up giving you two options:
🔘 ALL QUESTIONS ON ONE PAGE (Classic Form)
🔘 SINGLE QUESTION PER PAGE (Card Form)
Pick the one on the right to create a CARD FORM.
4. Three more options will be presented to you:
🔘 BLANK FORM
🔘 USE TEMPLATE (use this to pick from a variety of card form templates)
🔘 IMPORT FORM (use this if you want to import or clone a form)
Select BLANK FORM to build a Card Form from scratch.
5. Then, finally enter a short descriptive title for your form.
That’s basically it! You can now start building your form.
For those who have used the Form Builder before, this is a familiar sight. A few options were changed / added / removed here and there but it’s still the same Form Builder you loved and used with the Classic Layout.
Fiddle around with the new options you see and have fun building forms! As an inspiration on how easy it is to build one, have a look at our webinar video where our Jotform staff (two lovely ladies, Annabel and Leeyen) demonstrated the key features and unique selling points of Jotform Cards.
And here’s a simple Booking Form showcasing Jotform Cards: