What is Email Verification?
This is a very popular method used for verifying the email address if it actually exists. Basically, the email address will receive a message that contains a unique code or link that will help complete the verification.
Why is it important?
- Prevent typos on email
- Ensures 100% correctness of email
- Ensures the email address really belongs to the person submitting the form
- Usability wise, it’s one of the easiest ways to stop spammers/bot submissions
- Deter fake emails
Enabling Email Verification is super easy.
1. Add the Email in your Card form then toggle on the “Use verification code” button.
2. That’s pretty much it!
So here’s how it works.
1. The submitter enters the email address and clicks the Send Verification Code button
2. The submitter will have to open the message sent to the entered email address and get the verification code
3. The submitter will have to enter the verification code back to the form
4. The form will automatically approve the verification once the entered verification code is correct.
5. That’s it. The submitter can now proceed to the next field or submit the form.
If you have questions, feel free to leave a comment below.