In Jotform Mobile Forms, you can add elements to your form for recording audio and video just as you would in the desktop version.
To record audio, you will need to add our Voice Recorder Widget in the form. Please follow the steps below:
1. Log in to the Jotform Mobile Forms app, and tap the Add (+) Form icon at the bottom-left of the app.
2. You can choose to Start From Scratch, Use Template, or Import Form. Let’s choose Start From Scratch assuming that you’re creating a new form.
3. You have to select a form layout, Classic Form, or Card Form. Let’s choose Classic Form as an example.
4. Tap the Add Form Element (+) button at the bottom-right corner of the form builder. For newly created forms, you can also tap the (+) Add your first question here. canvass.
5. Go to the Widgets tab, search for Voice Recorder, and tap it to add.
6. The Voice Recorder settings will automatically open. You can adjust its Recording Limit, enable/disable the Beep Sound. Tap the Update Widget button if you’re done.
7. When publishing the form in the mobile forms app (View Form and Kiosk Mode), tapping the Record button will not start the recording, but instead, it will open the following screen.
Tap the center microphone button to start recording. Tap Play if you wish to hear your voice before uploading, and tap Done if you wish to start uploading the audio.
To record a video, you will need our basic File Upload element. Here are the steps:
1. Under the Basic tab of the Form Builder, find and tap the File Upload element to add it to your form.
By default, the maximum size of the file you can upload in the File Upload element is 10 MB. Recording a video through a mobile phone takes up a lot of space, so you should consider changing this to a bigger value. Let’s say 100 MB, so adjust the value to 100854.
To adjust the value, kindly visit the following guide: Changing the File Upload Size Limit.
Note that 100 MB is the File Storage limit of the free plan. It’s a fixed limit, so consider upgrading if you need more space.
Related User Guides:
2. The File Upload element contains options to upload files, take a photo, or record a video. When a user fills out the form, advise them to tap the second camera icon, especially if the labels of the camera icons are the same. See the below screenshot for reference:
Do you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions about creating forms in Jotform Mobile Forms? Please leave us a message in the comment section below or go to our Support Forum.