This guide will show you how to change the allowed file size on your form when using the File Upload element. This is useful if your form needs to accept large file uploads or if you’d like to save storage space and only need to accept small files.
To change the file upload size limit on your form
- In the Form Builder, add a File Upload element to your form or select an existing one.
- Select the File Upload’s gear icon to open properties.
- In the properties pane on the right, go to Options at the top.
- Turn on Limit File Size and set your desired minimum and maximum file size limit in KB.
- The maximum individual file size allowed in Jotform is 1GB (1048576 KB).
- The maximum recommended number of file uploads is 25 per entry.
- Check your plan’s available Upload Space to better manage your file size limits.
- If your form is connected to a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox, uploads larger than the cloud’s available storage space will not be completed.
See also: Changing the Allowed File Types