When you set up an Email Notification, you can include the submission data in the email as a PDF attachment. The respondent’s name will be the PDF’s filename in most cases but you can customize this in PDF Editor.
- In the Form Builder, open the quick access menu in the upper-left corner.
- Choose PDF Editor from the options.
- In PDF Editor, click gear icon on the right to open PDF Settings.
- Next, click on the pencil icon in the PDF File Name section.
Note: You can add static texts to the filename by typing directly in the PDF File Name field after clicking on the pencil icon.
- In the PDF File Name section still, click on Form Fields, then select the form fields to include in the filename.
- Click anywhere outside the form field selection panel to save the changes.
To remove a form field from the filename, edit the filename, hover your mouse over the pill, then click on the remove (x) icon.
You can also deselect the fields in the Form Fields selection panel to remove or exclude them in the filename.
Hi Guys, I have a form with four pdf's. If I change the name, then the program change all names of very pdf. How can change it, that the pdfs hav different names? - Phil
Hi there, the only fields displaying for my form in the PDF File name for selection are submission id and form title. How do I get the other fields in my form to populate so that I can change the name of the PDF? Thank you in advance.
On some of my forms (ones created from blank), there are no field names (except for submission id and form title). why aren't the rest of my fields showing up? Is there a setting I need to change? Some of my forms (the ones that I uploaded a PDF for) show all the fields to pick from.
How do i change the settings so that every time a form is completed and submitted it gets sent in PDF format to a specific email address and not the email inbox on jotform website?