Every e-commerce business wants to offer a smooth checkout experience to its customers because that’s the last step in a sale. Although the platform you use to handle transactions is essential, you shouldn’t overlook checkout.
As one of the leading payment gateways on the market, Stripe offers a checkout service that you can integrate with Jotform, just like the Stripe payment gateway itself.
We’ve simplified the below steps to integrate Stripe Checkout with your Jotform form:
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Search and click or drag/drop Stripe Checkout to your form.
- Select the Mode in the Payment Settings panel.
The Mode determines the Stripe Checkout environment you’re using. Select the Test Mode and connect your Stripe account if you wish to test the integration. The integration will automatically fetch your test keys. Keep the selection to Live Mode if you want to accept live payments in your form.
- Click the Connect button.
- You should log in to your Stripe account to complete the connection between Jotform and Stripe. Once connected, the button will turn green and will display as Connected.
- Choose your preferred Currency. In the Currency dropdown, you can select one of 100+ currencies.
- Select the Payment Type. You can choose to Sell Products, Sell Subscriptions, set up User Defined Amount, and Collect Donations. To learn more, see Order Form Types.
- Expand the Additional Gateway Settings section for more options.
- Click the Continue button if you’ve chosen to Sell Products or Subscription. You’ll see the Save button if you’ve selected User Defined Amount and Donation.
- How to Add Coupon Code to Payment Forms
- How to Add Shipping Cost to Payment Forms
- How to Add Tax to Your Payment Form
- How to Add Options to Payment Forms
- How to Generate an Invoice for Your Payment Form
Setting up the Additional Gateway Settings
The Additional Gateway Settings in the Stripe Checkout integration contain additional options that you can set. Based on your chosen Payment Type, you’ll see a combination of the following:
- Customer Email Field. The Customer Email Field maps an email address from your form and sends it to the Stripe Dashboard, particularly at the customer’s record.
- Custom Data Field. You can send any text field information to Stripe using the Custom Data Field. Please visit the related help guide about custom data mapping for more information.
- Show Total Price on the Form. Display the total price to the customer.
- Users Can Select Multiple Products. Allow customers to buy multiple products from your online store. Toggle this to No if you wish to limit customers to one selection only.
- Charge Customer Immediately. This option is toggled to Yes by default, which means you are charging your customers immediately. Toggle this to No if you want to charge customers at a later date. Click here for more details.
- Clickable Image Preview. Enable customers to click on an image and preview it.
- Use Decimals. Use decimal points for prices.
- Decimal Separator. You can select a point or comma. We’ve set this to hide when Use Decimals is disabled.
- Fetch Coupons from Stripe Account. It will fetch and display all the coupons from the connected Stripe account when enabled. Please keep in mind that this overrides the current coupons created through Jotform. For more information, please visit the related help guide.
- Fetch Subscriptions from Stripe Account. This option is displayed when you choose to Sell Subscriptions from the Payment Type. It will fetch your subscription items from your Stripe account.
- Show Fetched Coupons from Stripe Account. Choose whether to display the coupons when you opt to Fetch Coupons from your Stripe account.
- Send Receipt Email. We highly recommend keeping this enabled so that the integration will send a copy of the receipt to the customer on each payment.