Jotform’s payment integrations allow you to add sales tax to the products you sell, whether tangible or not.
This feature is available for the following payment gateways:
- PayPal Standard
- PayPal Personal
- PayPal Commerce
- PayPal Business
- PayPal Express
- PayPal Pro
- PayPal Invoicing
- PayPal Checkout
- Purchase Order
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before proceeding, please keep in mind that this feature is NOT AVAILABLE for SUBSCRIPTION and DONATION based payment types.
Here’s a quick rundown:
1. Start by selecting one of the supported payment fields then run the payment wizard by clicking the WAND icon.
2. On the next page after configuring your payment gateway credentials, setup your PRODUCTS and once you’re done, go to the TAX tab.
3. Enter a BASE TAX RATE.
4. If there are products you wanted to be excluded from taxes, set them up as EXEMPTED PRODUCTS.
5. You can also set the TAX TEXT ON THE FORM.
6. If there’s a need for a location-based tax surcharge, you can set it up on the SET TAX OPTIONS FROM A LOCATION FIELD. Note that this option will be disabled if the form does not have a DROPDOWN or an ADDRESS field where the location can be fetched from.
These are the only fields available for selection:
- Address: State / Province
- Address: Country
7. If you select either a DROPDOWN or the ADDRESS: COUNTRY option, you will be asked to enter surcharge rates for the available locations.
8. For the ADDRESS: STATE / PROVINCE option, you must enter a list of states, regions, or provinces with their respective surcharge rates.
And that’s basically it – Comments and suggestions are welcome below.