We’ve created this user guide for everyone who usually reports that their email alerts are not coming through or have stopped coming. This problem usually happens when your email service provider rejects the messages.
Our servers will try several times to deliver the messages for a given time frame. If the delivery constantly fails, it will mark it as old, rejected, or similar, and it will store your recipient’s email address in our Bounce List. Check out this guide to know how to remove your email from our Bounce List.
The points below will help you understand and prevent email-related issues.
- First, access your form Emails.
- Go to Settings at the top part of the Form Builder.
- Click Emails on the left side.
- Hover your mouse over to the email template, and click the Edit (pencil icon).
- Go to the Recipients tab and make sure to set the following:
- Sender Name
- Reply-to Email
- Recipient Emails
- Next, go to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down and make sure to set up the Sender Email.
- Once done, click the Save button to save the changes.
In addition to this, we recommend that you add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your Contact List. If you are using an email address with a custom domain, it would be best to ask your IT team or your email provider to whitelist Jotform’s IP addresses and domain names. You can find the complete list in this guide.
If the issue continues or you do not want our email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as the Sender Email, you can use your mail servers as the sender. To use your mail server, you will need to set up SMTP. Here’s a guide with further details about this option.
We recommend previewing the form on a new tab and submitting it to test if the settings work. That’s because clicking the Test Email button found on the notification wizard will only send emails to the email address associated with your Jotform account, the primary email address.