Instant Payment Notification (IPN) is a POST message sent by PayPal whenever a transaction is completed on their side. This message contains all the data regarding the payment transaction completed by a form user. To know more about this, please check our Paypal-Incomplete-Payments-FAQ guide.
How to set up PayPal IPN your PayPal Pro form?
1. Log in to your PayPal account, and navigate to the following sections:
Settings > Account Settings > Website Payments > Instant Payment Notifications
2. Click the Update link under Instant Payment Notifications.
3. Click Choose IPN Settings button on the next page.
4. Specify the Default URL for your listener in the Notification URL field. If you’re not using IPN outside of JotForm, you may use https://ipn.jotform.com/ipns/paypal.php.
Note: The default notification URL does not matter. JotForm just needs IPN to be enabled.
5. Choose Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
6. Click Save. The following screen appears as a confirmation that your IPN has now been enabled.
7. Click the Back to My Profile link to return to the Profile after activating your listener. You also can click Edit settings to modify your notification URL or disable your listener. You can click Turn Off IPN to reset your IPN preferences.