Users often ask which file types are supported in the File Upload element. The default file extensions that Jotform accepts are:
But you can add or remove file types whenever you want. Watch the video or check out the rest of this user guide to learn more:
- Click on the gear icon to the right of the File upload field to open the File Upload Properties panel.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Enter the allowed file extensions in the File Types field.
- Separate each file type with a comma.
- Don’t include the leading dot (e.g. type “pdf” instead of “.pdf”).
- Enter an asterisk in the File Types field to allow all file types.
If you upload a file type that’s not allowed, the element will show an error message.
How did it go? Do you have any suggestions or comments? Please let us know in the comment box below.