There are situations when you just want to capture a customer’s payment information and keep it on your Stripe dashboard so you can charge them later with whatever amount necessary.
Jotform makes this workflow easy for you. Here’s how:
- Add the Stripe Payment Field to your form.
- Do the usual Integration with Stripe by logging in and connecting your Stripe Account with JotForm.
- Set your Payment Type to “Sell Products”.
4. Expand the Additional Gateway Settings section, then set the options as shown below:
a. Show Total Price on the Form – No
b. Users Can Select Multiple Products – No
c. Create Customer After Submission – Yes
d. Charge Customer Immediately – No
5. Click Continue then proceed to adding your dummy product worth $0.01. Note that this amount will not be charged to your customer’s credit card unless you chose to.
6. When setting up the dummy product, ensure Selected by Default is set to “Yes” so it’s automatically selected upon loading.
7. Lastly, let’s hide the dummy product you added using CSS:
That’s it! Your payment capture form is good to go! So, how does this form work?
Every time the form is submitted, a customer record is created on your Stripe Account. You may then manually charge your customer within your Stripe Dashboard, using this record, anytime you see fit.
If you have questions, concerns, or any suggestions, please feel free to contact us via Jotform’s support forum or via email.