Let’s say you run a charity site, and you want the donation amount to be a recurring option once your users pledged a donation. This user guide will show you how to enable a recurring custom amount donation on the form using our payment gateway integrations.
In this demo form, the donor can either select a predefined donation amount or manually provide an amount they prefer to donate.
The different custom donation selections also have different recurring periods that will allow flexible scheduling of recurring donations.
Here’s how to create a custom recurring donation form:
1. Add your preferred payment gateway to the form.
2. In the payment wizard, add the needed information to complete the integration.
3. Set the Payment Type to “Sell Subscriptions”.
4. Click the Continue button
Proceed in adding your subscriptions, add as many as needed.
5. Set your desired Subscription Period and Number of Payments.
As an example, if you want to set up a monthly subscription for a limited time, say just for 6 months, then set it like below:
- Subscription Period = Monthly
- Number of Payments = 6
If you want to give your users the freedom of deciding how long they want the recurring donation to stay active, then pick “User-selected” on the Number of Payments section.
6. To allow users to specify a custom amount on their own, toggle Variable Price to “Yes”.
7. Click Save to save the subscription you added.
Repeat all the steps for each subscription if you need to add more. Alternatively, you may also duplicate your subscriptions by clicking the gear icon then Duplicate. Make further changes to the duplicate if needed.
Jotform also offers a wide selection of donation form templates.
How a Recurring Subscription Can Be Canceled at Any Given Time?
- Authorize.Net – subscription must be canceled by you from the Authorize.Net account dashboard.
- Stripe – subscription must be canceled by you from the Stripe account dashboard.
- PayPal – users allowed to cancel their subscriptions from within their PayPal accounts. You can also cancel the subscriptions from your PayPal account dashboard.
Note: Recurring subscriptions are not available in PayPal Checkout and Paypal Invoicing.
Questions? Contact us in our Support Forum.