Browse Article by Topicsedit mode edit edit URL edit submissions show fields hide fields
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- Adding a form to SharePoint
- How to use your JotForm themes
- How to Integrate Stripe with your Form
- Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once
- Adding a form to Sandvox
- How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings
- Add a form to 3dCart Shopping Cart
- How to Show or Hide Fields Base on User's Answer
- How to Edit Submissions Made on Your Forms
Related Forum Questions
- I want to downgrade my account
- Form editor does not work.
- Notifications with an edit link
- Hide and Show Fields with Conditions
- Dwolla form is not not showing all fields
- Multiple events registration
- Billing: Can I change the Payment Method on my account such that payment will come from my organization's credit card?
- Foreign transactions not processing through paypal
- It seems the auto responder editing section has changed and i can no lo
- Edit link not available in autoresponder
How to Show or Hide Fields on Edit URLLast Update: October 9, 2016
Edit URL is basically used for updating specific submissions data without logging into JotForm account.
There are some cases that you'd want to show or hide fields on edit URL mostly for administrative purposes like the following.
- - Add a status on the user's submissions
- - Add additional details
- - Update admin only fields
- - Hide fields that you do not wish to be updated by the users
Here's how to do that:
1. Add the "Get Form Page URL" widget into your form. It is found under More Fields section.
2. Create a Show/Hide condition. Here's how:
a. Click Conditions icon in the form builder
b. Select Show/Hide Field condition
c. Create show/hide condition like the following
If Get Form Page URL widget Contains "edit", show or hide the fields that you want.
Form URL: https://form.jotform.com/62321689030956 (Status field is hidden)
Edit URL: https://form.jotform.com/edit/347483859341529452 (Status field is shown)
If you have questions, feel free to post comments below.