Browse Article by Topicsedit mode edit edit URL edit submissions show fields hide fields widget
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions?
- Adding a form to SharePoint
- How to use your JotForm themes
- How to Integrate Stripe with your Form
- Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once
- Adding a form to Sandvox
- How to Catch User's Browser Info
- How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings
- Add a form to 3dCart Shopping Cart
Related Forum Questions
- Account upgrade question.
- Issue with Form Tabs widget - not showing appropriate tab/page selection when embedded
- How do I make my site secure to accept credit card information without using a 3rd party online credit card processor?
- How to insert a link to the Terms & Conditions widget
- how to edit the payment
- Day Countdown widget: Delete seconds from the timer
- Question about payment for a donation
- PayPal Pro integration: Unable to verify
- Is it possible to make masked input widget texbox output for calculation?
- Setting up paypal.
How to Show or Hide Fields on Edit URLLast Update: April 22, 2017
Edit URL is basically used for updating specific submissions data without logging into JotForm account.
There are some cases that you'd want to show or hide fields on edit URL mostly for administrative purposes like the following.
- Add a status on the user's submissions
- Add additional details
- Update admin only fields
- Hide fields that you do not wish to be updated by the users
Here's how to do that:
1. Add the Get Form Page URL Widget to your form.
Related guide: How to Add a Widget to your Form
2. Create a SHOW / HIDE FIELD Condition.
If the Get Form Page URL Widget contains the word "edit", show or hide the fields that you want.
Form URL: https://form.jotform.com/62321689030956 (Status field is hidden)
Edit URL: https://form.jotform.com/edit/347483859341529452 (Status field is shown)
If you have questions, feel free to post comments below.