There are instances when you want to include a file that your users can download, whether it’s right within your form, on the Autoresponder Emails they get or on the Thank You page right after form submission.
Nevertheless, no matter where you want to place the download links, the approach is relatively the same. The main goal is to have your file hosted elsewhere and add a link to your form that your users can click to download the file.
Let’s start off with some common use cases:
✅ You want to place a downloadable Terms & Conditions PDF file right on the form that they can download and review
✅ You’re selling virtual invitation cards online and want your users to be able to download the image files/templates right after payment
✅ You want to include an additional survey or questionnaire in a Word Document that they need to download from the email that they get after submitting the form
We need 2 things prepped before proceeding:
1. Upload your file to any of the following:
– Cloud storage (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
– Your website’s FTP
– If the files are just images, use image hosting platforms (e.g. Imgur, Photobucket)
2. Get the direct download link of your file
– A good hint that you got the right URL copied to your clipboard is if it usually ends with the associated file extension (e.g. if it’s a PDF file, the URL usually ends with .pdf)
With the assumption that you now have the direct link to your file, this guide will have three sections which will be explained in detail below:
SECTION A – Adding a downloadable link to your form
1. Add a Text Field to your form.
2. Type in anything on the field upon your discretion
e.g. Click this link to download the file
3. Select and highlight the text that will hold the link
4. Click the INSERT / EDIT LINK icon on the toolbar
5. Paste the URL on the modal popup
6. Click OK to save the link
7. And don’t forget to click the SAVE button
The result would look something like this:
SECTION B – Adding a downloadable link to the Autoresponder Email template
1. Click SETTINGS at the top
2. Then EMAILS on the left
3. Go to the EMAIL tab
4. Type in your desired template
5. Highlight the text that will serve as the link
6. Click the INSERT / EDIT LINK button on the toolbar
7. Paste the URL
8. Click OK to save the URL
9. And don’t forget to click the SAVE button
SECTION C – Adding a downloadable link to the Thank You page
Rinse and repeat Section B above except step #2. Instead of clicking EMAILS on the left, click the THANK YOU PAGE menu > then SHOW A THANK YOU PAGE.
The same idea and steps apply, just add your desired Thank You page template, choose a text that will serve as a link then click the INSERT / EDIT LINK button to enter the URL.
Here’s a demo form that shows all these: https://www.jotform.com/71245972238966
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have questions, post them in our Support Forum.