1. Create a Jotform Form
2. Integrate it with your Dropbox
3. Share the form link with others
Create a Jotform Form:
For this purpose, please follow these steps:
2. Choose a form layout. You can create a classic form or a card form.
3. Choose a form according to your needs. You can create a blank form, use a template or import your existing form.
4. By adding “File Upload” field, you will allow someone to upload their files to your Dropbox. Additionally, you can add other form fields that you want to collect information from someone.
Integrate Your Form with Dropbox:
Now the form is ready to be integrated with Dropbox. Please follow these steps:
1. Click on the SETTINGS at the top menu.
2. Select INTEGRATIONS, then select DROPBOX.
3. Click on the AUTHENTICATE button.
4. Login to your Dropbox Account, then click on the ALLOW button.
5. Your Dropbox account is authenticated, now. You should create your Dropbox folder. You can use the default folder names or you can customize the folder names. The default folder names are shown below:
If you prefer the field-based folder names, you can click on the Pencil icon and select the field, then click on the APPLY button in order to save. You can also add the submission date before the submission folder name by selecting the “Add response date before your subfolder name” option.
Additionally, you can define custom folder names by clicking on the box next to the main dropbox folder.
6. Now, click on the COMPLETE INTEGRATION button.
7. The integration is ready now! Just click on the FINISH button.
Send Your Form Link to Someone:
It is time to send your form link to someone for you to get file uploads directly to your Dropbox. In order to get your form link, follow these steps:
1. Open your form and click on PUBLISH at the top menu.
2. If you select QUICK SHARE, you can copy the form link and send it to someone.
If you select EMBED
, you can embed the form to your website. You have several options in order to embed the form to your website. Please take a look at this guide for more details: Adding a Form to a Web Page
Additionally, you can share your form via email. Just go to EMAIL> SHARE ON EMAIL and customize the From Name, To, Reply To, Email Subject and Body of the message.
The integration is done! Now you can get uploaded files directly into your Dropbox account from now on.
If you need any assistance, please let us know via Support Forum