With Dropbox file requests, you can collect files from people. You can also get these files directly by integrating your Jotform form with Dropbox.
Let’s look at how to create Dropbox Forms in 3 easy steps.
- Create a Jotform Form
- Integrate it with your Dropbox
- Share the form link with others
Create a Jotform Form
For this purpose, please follow these steps:
- Open the My Forms page and click on the Create Form button.
- Choose a form creation way according to your needs. You can create a blank form, use a template or import already existing form.
- Choose a form layout. You can create a classic form or a card form.
- By adding the File Upload field, you will allow someone to upload their files to your Dropbox. Additionally, you can add other form fields that you want to collect information from someone.
Integrate Your Form With Dropbox
Now your form is ready to be integrated with Dropbox. Please follow these steps:
- Click on the Settings at the top bar
- Select the Integrations tab from the left menu
- Then search for “Dropbox”
- Choose the Dropbox integration
- Click on the Authenticate button
- Log in to your Dropbox account, then click on the Allow button.
Your Dropbox account is authenticated now. You should create your Dropbox folder. You can use the default folder names or use the custom folder name.
If you prefer the field-based folder names, you can click on the Form Fields icon and select the preferred field. You can also add the submission date before the submission folder name by selecting the Add response date before your subfolder name option.
Additionally, you can define custom folder names by clicking on the box next to the main dropbox folder.
Now, click on the Complete Integration button.
The integration is ready now! Just click on the Finish button.
Send Your Form Link to Someone
It is time to send your form link to someone for you to get file uploads directly to your Dropbox. The simplest way to share your form is to copy form’s link and send it to the people. Here’s how you can achieve that:
- Open your form and click on Publish tab at the top menu.
- Select Quick Share tab from the left menu and copy the form’s link in order to send it to someone.
If you select Embed tab, you can embed the form on your website. You have several options in order to embed the form on your website. Please take a look at this guide for more details: Adding a Form to a Web Page
Additionally, you can share your form via email. Just go to Email tab and click on the Share on Email option; after that, customize your From Name, To, Reply-To, Email Subject, and Body of the message.
The integration is done! Now you can get uploaded files directly into your Dropbox account from now on.
If you need any assistance, please let us know via Support Forum.