Webhook allows you to automatically send your form data to your endpoint or other apps. This guide shows how to set up a webhook with your form.
To add a webhook and send submission data to your endpoint
- In Form Builder, click on Settings at the top.
- Next, choose Integrations on the left.
- Search and select WebHooks.
- Now, enter your endpoint or webhook URL in the Add WebHook field.
Note: To add more endpoints, click on Add New WebHook.
- Finally, click the Complete Integration button.
Here’s an example PHP script that you can use to test your webhook. This simple script will save your form entries to a text file that you can use for debugging purposes:
<?php // convert JSON to PHP $data = json_decode($_REQUEST['rawRequest'], true); // write data to a file file_put_contents('webhook_test.txt', print_r($data, true), FILE_APPEND); ?>
To view more examples, see Webhook PHP Script Examples.
- Jotform has a 30-second request timeout.
- Encrypted forms can only send encrypted data.
- The endpoint may have limitations that would prevent the request from being processed. These include, but are not limited to:
- Timeout to close the connection on the endpoint.
- The maximum size of data accepted may be lower than the submission data.
- Firewall rules on the endpoint.