Rental and Lease Agreement Templates
A rental and lease agreement is a document that outlines the arrangement between an owner of a real estate, known as the “landlord” or “lessor”, and someone else that is willing to pay rent while occupying the property, known as the “tenant” or “lessee”. In layman’s term, it’s a document used for the occupying of space (either commercial or residential) for a period of time in exchange for monthly rent. The terms of the contract are negotiable between the tenant and landlord and once signed, the form is considered legally and mutually binding.
With Jotform, you have an option to add e-signature widgets to your form and have your tenant fill out the rest of it. An ideal use case is to generate a PDF copy of the submitted agreement that can be printed out. Instead of painstakingly designing a PDF output for your agreement, why not use one of the templates we designed for you? If you’re in the real estate business, branding is important since you’ll be sharing this agreement with a lot of clients. Our revamped PDF Editor will allow you to fully customize the template, add your own branding, change the order of the questions, or modify the context of the terms and conditions.
If you haven’t had a chance to build a rental and lease agreement before, we’re listing down some of the most important details you need to ask and disclose on your agreement – The premises (whether it’s a house, apartment, condo, basement, or attic), contact details of the landlord and tenant, the amount of money paid by the tenant to the landlord, and the length of time the tenant has the right to stay on the premises. You should also include clauses for terms of conditions and signature widgets that should be signed by both parties.
House Rental Agreement
This sample house rental agreement template specifies the following details: Contact details of both parties; property, rent, and payment details; terms and conditions; rights and responsibilities of both parties. This PDF template is clean and professional-looking.Real Estate
Basic Rental Agreement
Here you can find both simple and well designed Rental Agreement sample which you can use for collecting necessary information and turn the online rental agreement form to a contract document. Jotform has made a huge difference for real estate agents who are collecting real estate applications data whether it’s for rental, loan or qualifying leads of sellers and people. Being committed to provide convenience to all industry professionals in every possible way, we have come up with an editable, free and professionally designed Real Estate PDF Templates for real estate companies that can be turned into real estate legal documents needed to complete real estate transactions like buying, renting or selling a property. Whether you need lease agreement, rental agreement, real estate contracts, mortgage commitment letters, loans or authorization letter, we have perfect templates designed for any real estate agency. You can choose from our variety of stunning and unique real estate PDF templates that you can start with and customize it to help you get going faster or you can create real estate documents from scratch using our very easy to use PDF Editor. No matter your technical knowledge, you can easily customize or create a PDF documents that you need for your real estate business. Jotform PDF Editor offers the easiest way to supplement your real estate business by helping you edit, create and protect your real estate PDF files quickly and easily! Turn your form responses into real state PDF documents now! Download the PDF documents, print or share with your clients automatically right after they submit your real estate forms. We can be your great source of the best solutions for workflow automation and management in the real estate industry line.Real Estate
Free Commercial Lease Agreement
This Commercial Lease Agreement PDF template provides the basic essential elements in a Commercial Lease Agreement, such as the name of the parties, the subject property to be leased, the period of lease, amount, the purpose of the lease and its restrictions.Services
Month to Month Rental Agreement
This month to month lease agreement PDF template contains the most common information needed that makes a month to month lease contract effective and binding between parties. Use, modify, and/or extend more information from this month to month lease agreement PDF template to make your PDF reports and/or contracts professional looking.Real Estate
Lease Extension Agreement
If you are in a hurry in wanting to have a lease extension contract, or if you want to get an idea on what an extension of lease agreement would look like, you do not have to search further. You can get this Lease Extension Agreement PDF template instantly. Just copy the template to your Jotform account and have it in just a few seconds!Real Estate
Studio Rental Agreement
You can use this studio rental agreement sample for collecting renter's name, date of rental, renter's signature. Then, all you need to do is open the Jotform's PDF editor and add your own branding to the design that we have prepared with this sales quote form.Real Estate
Notice To Vacate Form
Let your tenants send you their notice to vacate their premises using this Notice to Vacate Form PDF Template. As a landlord, you can receive your notices via email and print it for filing for record purposes. As a tenant, you can simply have this form and notify your landlord for your intention to vacate. Copy this template to your Jotform account and start creating your documents for free!Real Estate
Free Sublease Agreement
A Sublease Agreement is a contract used by a tenant to lease a portion or the entire premises of a property that the tenant is also renting, which is known as subletting, to a third party for a specific period within the limit of the lease agreement between the Tenant and the Landlord. In such case, the Tenant becomes a Sublandlord as he becomes a lessor and lessee at the same time. As an accessory to the main contract of lease between the landlord and the tenant, the provisions on a Sublease Agreement will also be dependent to the main lease agreement. These agreements may be used on residential or commercial agreements, depending on the lessor or landlord.This Sublease Agreement PDF template contains the essential requisites for subleasing a property. Feel free to use this template for your leasing business.Real Estate
Car Rental Agreement
The Car Rental Agreement PDF Template can be used to gather much needed information for car rentals. If you are in the rent a car business, you will need a PDF Template which contains all the necessary information including Terms & Conditions and Signature fields.Lease Agreement
Party Rental Contract
You can use this Party Rental Contract template to gather event and billing information. Also, with this rental contract template, you can clarify your terms and conditions and your customers can sign this document. After gathering this information from your customer, you can save your submissions as PDF contract document thanks to Jotform’s new PDF Editor. Also, you can easily download and print these documents.Entertainment
Event Facility Rental Agreement
Would you like to have a great template for the event facility agreement? Jotform offers you free Event Facility Rental Agreement template. This template is a brief visual summary of the event facility rental agreement's details. The contact details, the event details such as event date, start and end time, setup-wrap time, the number of guests expected, and the payment details of the service can be found. Furthermore, the signature field is also to confirm the agreement between the two parties. You can download and store this template in order to save paper. Feel free to modify the fields according to your business needs.Entertainment
What is lease agreement?
A lease agreement is a legally binding contract between a landlord and tenant that outlines the terms by which the tenant can rent property from the landlord, such as the duration of the lease, the monthly rent amount, and maintenance responsibilities.
Who needs a residential lease agreement?
Anybody involved in leasing a property should have a residential lease agreement that defines the terms of the agreement and keeps all involved parties protected by law. These individuals include property managers looking for tenants and vice versa, social service providers looking for supportive housing, real estate agents, and anyone renting or looking to rent a property.
What is the difference between a lease and a rental agreement?
In the case of real estate or apartments, a rental agreement typically provides for tenancy for a short period of time, usually 30 days. Unless the renter or landlord provides a move-out notice, the lease is automatically renewed. The terms of the agreement can also be changed each month.
A lease provides the tenant the right to occupy the property for a specific term, which typically runs from six months to a year or more. Unless the tenant agrees, the terms of the lease cannot be changed by the landlord.
Also, a lease does not usually automatically renew. A tenant who continues to stay at the property converts to month-to-month until a new rental or lease agreement is signed.
These conditions are not unique to this type of property. They can also apply to the rental of equipment, automobiles, and other items.
Can I write my own lease agreement?
Yes, you can. A lease is an agreement between you (the landlord) and your tenant. Leases usually include the standard items, such as the amount of rent, the duration of the lease, who is responsible for various maintenance items, and the penalties that can be assessed for not following the terms.
With Jotform, you can create a lease template and use a form to collect specific information that changes with each lease, such as the tenant’s name, rent amount, etc. You can also accept digital signatures when it’s time to sign the final document.
What should I include in a lease agreement?
- Terms. The lease should state the length of the agreement.
- Rent. The amount of rent and when it is due.
- Deposits and fees. Declare whether you require a security deposit and first/last month’s rent.
- The names of all tenants. Every adult who will live on the property should be included.
- Occupancy limits. This should specify that only the adults who signed the lease and their minor children can occupy the property.
- Restrictions on disruptive activity. Include text that prohibits behavior such as excessive noise and illegal activity.
- Pets. Let the renter know if you will allow pets and, if so, what type.
- Maintenance and repairs. Outline the tenant’s responsibility to keep the property clean and pay for damages due to abuse.
- Utilities. Establish who is responsible for utilities, and what will happen if a payment is delinquent.
- Entry to the property. Clarify your rights to access the property to make repairs, and how much advance notice you will provide.
Can a rental agreement be used as proof of address?
In most cases, a valid rental or lease agreement can be used as proof of address. You can use Jotform to produce a PDF file of the lease for your tenant.
Is a lease cancellable?
A lease is usually for a fixed term, such as one year. However, a landlord may waive any penalties and allow a tenant to break a lease. You are advised to consult your local real estate laws.
Does a lease need to be notarized?
A lease is a contract between a landlord and a tenant. Usually, there is no requirement to have it notarized. Jotform allows you to include digital signatures, such as DocuSign, on your lease agreement, which are usually legally binding.
Glossary of Lease Agreement Terms
- Landlord (lessor): A landlord is a person who owns land, houses, or apartments and rents or leases them to tenants.
- Tenant (lessee): A tenant is a person who rents land or property from a landlord.
- Security deposit: A security deposit is paid by an incoming tenant in order to secure the lease from a landlord. It can either be a partial payment toward the tenant's monthly rent or a security measure for the landlord in the event of property damages.
- Common area maintenance (CAM): Common area maintenance (CAM) fees — common in commercial and industrial leases —are paid by tenants to help cover expenses for internal and external common areas like hallways, elevators, shared bathrooms, parking areas, and more. CAM fees vary by circumstance, so amounts should be agreed upon by both the landlord and the tenant and explicitly laid out in their contract.
- Renewal option: A renewal option is included in a rental or lease agreement and outlines the terms and conditions for extending the original agreement. Landlords are not required to extend or renew a lease without a renewal option outlined in the agreement, so it’s important to include a renewal option if you intend on renewing the lease.
- Periodic tenancy: Periodic tenancy is the possession of a property with no determined end date. As opposed to a fixed-term tenancy, the tenant decides when to end the tenancy. This is especially common for month-to-month leases.
- Guarantor: A guarantor is the person responsible for taking care of and paying for the property if the primary tenant fails. Guarantors are often required for student lease agreements, or for tenants without steady employment.
- Cosigner: A cosigner is a third-party person that shares the responsibility of paying rent with the primary tenant, though they are not required to live on the property.