Almost everyone is familiar with the search bar. Whether you’re using Google, Bing, or just browsing a random website, you use the search bar to find results using a keyword (or a search query).
Jotform Tables also includes this nifty feature, and you can use this to search for specific submissions. Here are some examples:
- You’re looking for submissions sent by someone named John Doe.
- You want to find submissions that were sent on a specific date.
- You want to display submissions from people who answered Yes to a survey question.
How can you do this? It’s simple. Open Jotform Tables, and type your search query into the search bar or use the filter to filter submissions based on a date or a particular answer.
Search for Specific Submission
For example, you’re using the Full Name element. You can search for the submitter’s full name, as shown below.
After typing your query into the search bar, you should automatically see the results. You don’t need to press the enter key on your keyboard.
Filter Submissions Based on a Specific Date
You can also filter your form submissions based on a specific date. For example, filter the entries for the day. Below are the steps to do that:
- In the Jotform Tables, click the Filter button.
- Click the All Time dropdown.
- Select the dates from the calendar or click the specific option on the right side of the calendar. For example, click the Today option.
- Click outside of the filter box to save your selection.
- Finally, click the Apply Filter button. You should automatically see the filtered submissions.
Filter Submissions Based on an Answer from a Specific Field
In Jotform Tables, you can filter the submissions based on an answer from a specific element of your form — for example, a dropdown element.
- Click the Filter button.
- Select the element from the Advanced Search/Filter dropdown.
- Choose “equals” from the list of operators.
- Select the option from the following dropdown.
- Click the Apply Filter button to apply your criteria.
Did you know that you can create a new tab from your filtered submissions with Jotform Tables? Please see the steps below.
Create a New Tab for Filtered Submissions
- Assuming the filter is saved, click the Create a New Tab button.
- Enter a name for the new tab.
- Click the Create Tab button in the popup window.
- The new tab now includes your filter. We highly recommend not deleting the filter because it’s the lifeline of the tab.
How to Search for a Submission from the Old Submissions Page
After selecting the form and clicking the Submissions button on My Forms, the form will redirect you to the old submissions page. The search bar is located at the bottom of the page.
To filter submissions based on a date, click the settings (gear) icon at the top right side of the page, and choose or set your time frame: