We’ll be using the following contact form as an example where we send the corresponding email alerts based on the form filler’s answer to the “Would you like to join our mailing list?” question.
Create the Email Templates
- Go to the Settings tab in the Form Builder.
- Click Email on the left.
- Create the email alert templates for the conditions’ outcomes.
Once that’s done, the next step is to…
Set Up the Conditional Logic
- Click Conditions under Settings.
- Add a new condition and select the Change E-mail Recipient option.
- Set up the condition and action in the next window. In our example form, the conditional logic for “Yes” would be as follows:
To break that down:
- We’ve set the condition or IF statement to check if the “Would you like to join our mailing list?” question is equal to “Yes”.
- The action or DO statement will send the email alerts for “Yes” if the condition is met.
You can enter the email address or the Email element’s tag or unique name as the recipient. Paid accounts can input comma-separated email addresses and/or email tags for multiple recipients.
Email alerts with Conditional Logic will show the Includes Condition icon.
Autoresponder or Notification Email recipients will change depending on how you set up the Change E-mail Conditional Logic. Any recipients you manually set in the Change E-mail condition will automatically override the original recipients in the email alerts. If you’d like to send an email with the original recipients, you can create a new Autoresponder or Notification Email without any customized Conditional Logic.
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.
Haven’t you got started yet? Create a form now with email logic!