Jotform’s default sender email works round the clock to deliver your emails, so you are notified immediately for new submissions, or your customer receives a copy of their entry on time. In some cases, you may want to deliver the emails but carry your branding. For this, you might want to add a custom Sender Email Address. It’s possible, and you only need to have your SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) credentials ready. If you don’t know where to get this, we highly recommend contacting your hosting provider.
To add a custom sender email, please follow the below steps.
- In the Form Builder, click Settings in the top toolbar.
- Click the Emails tab.
- Hover your mouse on the notification or autoresponder email and click the Pencil Icon to edit:
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select Add New Email Address from the Sender Email dropdown.
- Choose SMTP from the Email Type dropdown.
- Enter your SMTP details.
- Finally, click the Add Email button.
If the SMTP details are correct, you will see the success message, and the custom email address is automatically selected.
If it fails, you will get the failed validation message instead.
Are you a Gmail user? You can also add your Gmail account as your Custom Sender Email: How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTP.
To update/delete custom Sender Emails, check this guide: How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings.