An incomplete payment occurs when a form filler didn’t settle or complete the payment on the payment gateway’s page, for example, the PayPal payment page.
When using the PayPal Standard/Personal payment gateway, you can set up the integration to send you a notification email when there’s an incomplete payment.
Adding a PayPal Standard Payment Gateway
The incomplete payment notification is available in the PayPal Standard/Personal payment gateway. Here’s how to add one to your form:
- In the Form Builder, click Add Form Element to open the Form Elements panel.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Search and add PayPal Standard to your form.
- Connect PayPal to your form. For more information, see How to Integrate Form with PayPal Personal.
Setting Up the Pending Payment Email Option
Once you’ve added the PayPal Standard payment gateway to your form, the next step is to set the Pending Payment Email option.
- Click the wand icon to open the PayPal Standard Integration panel.
Note: If you land on the Payment Settings panel after clicking on the wand icon, you can go to the PayPal Standard Integration panel by clicking on the gear icon on the top right of the settings panel.
- Expand the Additional Gateway Settings section.
- Set the Pending Payment Email option accordingly:
- Notifiers Only — Only Email Notifications are sent.
- Notifiers & Autoresponders — Both Email Notifications and Autoresponders will be sent.
- Click the Continue button at the bottom to save your changes.
Note that there’s a 30 to 60 minutes delay in sending the email alerts. The delay is to let customers finish their transactions. It also acts as a time buffer for the PayPal IPN to come through.
To learn more, see: