Browse Article by Topicsmatrix calculation matrix calculation calculation widget calculation field matrix field table
- How to create a survey form and customize it
- How to Create an HTML Table Listing Report?
- How to Perform Form Calculation Using a Widget
- Form Calculation - Math Function Reference
- Conditional Logic Inserts Text/Calculation Into A Field
- How to Pass a Form's Calculated Value to another Form's Payment Total Field?
- How to Pass a Calculation to a Payment Field
- How to Assign Calculation Value
- How to Perform Form Calculation in the Matrix Field?
- How to Have Unique Question Using Multiple Fields
Related Forum Questions
- Why my account is downgraded?
- How do I change the colour of a table?
- Form Calculation widget isn't working
- Input table - dropdown menu options question
- Adding a text field with a pre written message that can be editable by the user.
- Form Calculation Widget: Ability to select multiple fields to be added at once
- Does JotForm consolidate the registration form data into an editable spreadsheet?
- Widgets vs conditions
- How to turn my form into a downloadable fillable PDF
- I do not understand what the "Calculation value" is.
Calculate Values in the Input Table Through ConditionLast Update: March 8, 2017
Calculation is one of the basic feature with JotForm. You can either perform calculation using the Form Calculation Widget or through Update/Calculate condition.
In this guide, you'll learn how to perform calculation in the input table field (formerly known as matrix field) through update/calculate condition and output the result on a text box field within the same input table field.
1. Add the Input Table field in your form
2. In the top toolbar, click the Settings menu. On the left side, select Conditions then the Update/Calculate Field
3. Create a condition that calculates the field whenever the Input Table field is filled.
If Input Table is filled, Calculate a field's value
4. Then click the ADD FIELD button to add the fields you want to calculate from the Input Table field.
Example: You can select the fields from the first 4 columns then add them, and then output the result on the 5th column. Check the animation guide below:
Here's a sample form with this condition:
If you want to perform calculation on the input table field with checkbox or radio button input types, here's a guide - How to Perform Form Calculation in the Matrix Field
If you have questions, feel free to leave comments below.