Imagine the convenience of taking and uploading a photo to a form without leaving the form. Thanks to Jotform Mobile Forms, you can do just that.
When creating your form, add the Take Photo widget. Although you can use other File Upload fields to accept photos, the Take Photo widget has a built-in camera app that doesn’t require you to open the camera app on your phone or tablet. This saves you from going through a few extra steps outside the Jotform Mobile App to take and save a photo. After you take a photo using the widget, the photo is automatically uploaded to the form and ready to be submitted.
Adding and Setting Up the Take Photo Widget
- In the Jotform Mobile Forms builder, tap the Add (+) icon on the lower left.
- In the Form Elements panel, go to the Widgets tab, search and tap the Take Photo widget to add it to the form.
You can also drag and drop the widget to add and position it on the form.
- Once you’ve added the widget, the Widget Settings will appear automatically on the right side of the screen. You can toggle to select which Camera Facing to use, Front or Rear.
- You can also update the text for the following properties:
- Take Photo Button
- Retake Photo Button
- Update Photo Button
- Click the Update Widget button to save the changes.
Taking and Uploading Photo
Open the form in the Jotform Mobile Forms, either by Fill Up or Kiosk Mode. Click the Take Photo button, tap the camera icon to take a photo, and you’re done.
Do you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions about taking and uploading a photo with Jotform Mobile Forms? Let us know your thoughts. Feel free to leave us a message in the comments section below, or go to our support forum to post your concerns.