The Request Update action button in Jotform Tables provides an easy way to send the edit link of an entry. You can specify the recipient addresses where the link will be sent along with an optional message.
Here’s how to add the Request Update buttons:
- In Jotform Tables, add a new column.
To learn more, see Adding and Organizing Columns in Jotform Tables.
- In the Add a New Column window, go to the Buttons tab.
- Choose Request Update then click on Next.
Note: For standalone tables, an Export a form message will appear. Click on it to use the Request Update action button.
- Enter your desired column name for the buttons then click on Next.
- Now, click on Fields then select your form’s email field to use as the recipient address. Or, specify the email address in the Recipient Addresses field.
You can also include an optional message in the email request from here.
- Finally, click on Create Column.
The buttons should appear on your table. Click on the entry’s Send Update Request button to send the email request.
Recipients of the email request can click on the Edit Form Response button to update the entry.
To change the action button’s settings, open the column menu, then choose Edit column preferences.