The Request Update action button in Jotform Tables provides an easy way to send the edit link of an entry. You can specify the recipient addresses where the link will be sent along with an optional message.
To add Request Update action buttons
- In Jotform Tables, add a new column.
To learn more, see Adding and Organizing Columns in Jotform Tables.
- In the Add a New Column dialog, go to Buttons at the top.
- Select Request Update, then click Next.
Note: For standalone tables, select the Export a form message to use the Request Update action button.
- In the Request Update dialog, enter your desired column name, then select Next.
- Select Fields in the upper-right corner, then choose your form’s email field to use as the recipient address. Or specify the email address in the Recipient Addresses field.
You can also include an optional message in the email request.
- Once you’re done, select Create Column.
The buttons should appear on your table. Select the entry’s Send Update Request button to send the email request.
Your recipient can select Edit Form Response in the email to update their entry.
To change your action button settings, open the column menu, then select Edit column preferences.