The Request Update action button provides an easy way to send the edit link of an entry. You can specify the recipient addresses where the link will be sent, along with additional comments.
To add the Send Update Request button…
- Click the Add column heading on your Jotform Tables.
- Go to the Buttons tab.
- Select Request Update (for the standalone Tables, you would need to export the form first to use this action type – simply click on the “Export a form” when you see one).
- Click the Next button.
- Enter a column name.
- Hit the Next button.
- Select the Email element or provide an email address where to send the email request under the Recipient Addresses.
- Optionally, add a custom message to your email request.
You can change these later from the Edit column preferences menu.
- Click on the Create Column button to complete the setup.
And you’re done. The Send Update Request action button is now ready to use.
Clicking the button will send the edit link to the addresses you declared under the Recipient Addresses.
Edit Column Preferences
To change the Recipient Addresses or the custom message, click on the angle down (v) icon next to the column heading and select Edit column preferences from the menu.