With Jotform Report Builder, you can easily generate eye-catching visual reports from your submission data. It allows you to create and generate bar graphs, pie charts, form submissions grids, and HTML texts and images.
Creating a Visual Report in My Forms
To create a visual report from the main dashboard
- Go to My Forms and choose your form.
- Open Reports at the top, then select Add New Report.
- Next, select Visual Report Builder.
- In the Create New Report dialog, enter your desired report name.
- Choose a Report Type, then select Create at the bottom.
Here are the available report types:
- Blank — Start from scratch and add your charts manually.
- Extended Report — A single chart is shown per page by default.
- Compact Report — Two charts are shown per page by default.
For the Extended and the Compact report types, the Report Builder will automatically create a chart for each form field or widget on your form provided that they’re supported by the Report Builder.
Creating a Visual Report in My Reports
The My Reports page is where you can find and manage all your form reports. To create a visual report
- Go to My Reports and select Create Report in the upper-left corner.
- Next, select Visual Report Builder.
- In the Create New Report dialog, click Select a Form, then Next at the bottom.
- In the Select a Form dialog, choose your form, then click Select Form.
- Enter and choose your desired report name and type, then select Create at the bottom.
Creating a Visual Report via the Quick Access Menu
The Quick Access menu is available on every Jotform page (Form Builder, PDF Editor, Tables, Inbox, Form Analytics, Report Builder). Selecting Report Builder from the menu will open the Jotform Report Builder.
Accessing Report Builder from the Form Builder via the quick access menu creates a visual report for the active form. Creating a visual report of a form the first time will open the Create New Report dialog. After choosing a layout and selecting Create, you can start customizing your report.
Creating a Report From Imported Data
By creating a report from your My Reports dashboard, you can import data for your visual report.
For more information, see How to Import Your Excel or CSV File Data to Create a Visual Report.
Creating a Sample Report
There is an option to generate a sample report when you create a visual report from your My Reports dashboard.
The Sample Report option allows you to select from a variety of sample report templates.
Selecting Create in the Create New Report dialog will open your chosen visual report template with sample submission data. The sample submissions on the report come from the form that is also created automatically. The sample submission data will not be counted toward your account limits. You can update both the report and the form that is created during this process.
What Are the Report Elements You Can Add to Your Report?
The report elements can be accessed from the left panel of the Report Builder. The Add Element button opens the Elements panel.
Elements can be added with a single click. You can also add an element by dragging it from the left panel to the page of the report you are creating. This is convenient when you want to position the element on the report as you add it.
The Text, Header, Image, Shape, Icon, and Grid elements can be found in the Basic Elements tab.
- Text — This Rich Text Editor can be used for adding long paragraphs or hyperlinks.
- Header — Use this to add a report title and a short description.
- Image — Can be used for adding your company logo.
- Shapes — Use this to include shapes in the report.
- Icon — Use this to include icons in the report.
- Grid — Can be used to include the submission data table on the report.
Also known as charts, the fields on the form that the Report Builder supports are listed in the Form Fields tab. The fields are added as report elements and they are represented by their field labels. A report element will be added to the report as a chart. To easily search for a report element, you can type the name of the field in the search bar. The search feature is useful in long forms.
Accessing Your Visual Reports
Customizing Your Visual Report
The Report Builder is equipped with just the right tools that you can use to customize the visual report that you would like to create. You can customize the report’s layout, pages, and elements. For more information, see How to Customize a Visual Report.
Sharing Your Visual Report
Once you’re done creating your visual report, you can get the link to your report and share it or embed your report into a website by selecting Publish in the upper-right corner.
To learn more, see How to Share the Visual Report.