With the Jotform Report Builder, you can easily generate eye-catching visual reports that are based on your submission data. It allows you to create and generate bar graphs, pie charts, form submissions grids, and HTML texts and images.
How to Create a Visual Report in My Forms
- Go to My Forms and select the form.
- Click the Reports button then click Add New Report.
- Select the Visual Report Builder option. This will open the Report Builder.
- Next, provide your desired Report Name.
- Select the Report Type then click Create.
- Blank – you can add and place charts manually.
- Extended Report – a single chart is shown per page by default.
- Compact Report – two charts are shown per page by default.
For the Extended and the Compact report types, the Report Builder will automatically create a chart for each form field or widget on the form (provided that they’re supported by the Report Builder).
And that’s it!
Here are a few more ways how to create a new Visual Report.
How to Create a Visual Report in My Reports
- Go to My Reports.
- Click the Create Report button then select Visual Report Builder.
- Choose the Select a Form option then click Next.
- Select the form that you would like to use then click the Select Form button.
- Input your desired report name and type.
- Finally, click the Create button.
How to Create a Visual Report via the Quick Access Menu
The Quick Access menu is available on every Jotform page (Form Builder, PDF Editor, Tables, Inbox, Form Analytics, Report Builder). Selecting the Report Builder option from the menu will open the Jotform Report Builder.
The option above allows you to create a report for the existing forms in your account. Creating a visual report of a form the first time will open the Create New Report modal popup. After selecting the layout and clicking the Create button, the report will be created.
How to Create a Report From Imported Data
When you click the Create Report button and then select the Visual Report Builder in My Reports, you have the option to create a report from imported data.
More information on how you can do this can be found in this guide: How to Import Your Excel or CSV File Data to Create a Visual Report?
How to Create a Sample Report
There is an option to generate a Sample Report when you create a visual report from the My Reports page.
This option allows you to select from 6 different Sample Report templates.
Clicking the Create button will open the selected visual report template with sample submission data. The sample submissions that are being shown on the report come from the form that is also created automatically. The sample submission data will not be counted against your account limits. You can update both the report and the form that is created during this process.
What Are the Report Elements You Can Add to Your Report
The report elements can be accessed from the left-side panel of the Report Builder. The Add Element button opens the Elements panel.
Elements can be added with a single click. You can also add an element by dragging it from the left-side panel and dropping it to the page of the report you are creating. This is convenient when you want to position the element on the report as you add it.
The Text, Header, Image, Shape, Icon, and Grid elements can be found in this section.
- Text – this Rich Text Editor can be used for adding long paragraphs or hyperlinks.
- Header – use this to add a report title and a short description.
- Image – can be used for adding your company logo.
- Shapes – use this to include shapes in the report.
- Icon – use this to include icons in the report.
- Grid – can be used to include the submission data table on the report.
Also known as charts, the fields on the form that the Report Builder supports are listed here. The fields are added as report elements and they are represented by their field labels. A report element will be added to the report as a chart. To easily search for a report element, you can type the name of the field in the search bar. The search feature is useful in long forms.
How to the Access Visual Reports
You may access the visual reports together with all the reports created under your account in My Reports.
You may also access an existing visual report by clicking on the Reports button in My Forms.
This will open the Report Builder of the selected visual report on a new web browser tab.
How to Customize the Visual Report
The Report Builder is equipped with just the right tools that you can use to customize the visual report that you would like to create. You can customize the report’s layout, pages, and elements.
More information on how you can customize the Visual Report can be found in this guide: How to Customize a Visual Report?
How to Share the Visual Report
Once you are done creating the visual report of your form data, you have the option to share the report with others or embed it into your website. These features are available under Publish Report that can be accessed by clicking the Publish button.
More information about how you can share the Visual Report you created can be found in this guide: How to Share the Visual Report?
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.