Browse Article by Topicsemail issues missing emails not receiving emails email issues not getting messages not getting email alerts emails have stopped emails no longe
Related Forum Questions
- Some submission emails are not reaching their recipients
- My 2016 Banner School Program Application Form is Not Sending Notifications
- I am not receiving emails, how do I resolve this issue?
- Why am I not receiving emails?
- Do you have an email error log?
- An Email Recipient Address that was working has Stopped Receiving Emails
- Why am I not receiving my emails?
- Why am I not receiving my form submissions for the Americas Request Form?
- We are not receiving notification emails
- We are not receiving emails from the form since last week
How to Prevent Email Bouncing Related IssuesLast Update: July 8, 2016
This guide was made for those users and customers who will usually report that their email alerts are not coming through or have stopped coming. This usually happens when the messages are rejected by your email service provider.
Our servers will try several times to deliver the messages for a given time-frame, but if the delivery constantly fails, it will mark it as "old", "rejected" or similar, and it will store your recipient email address in our bounce list.
(To know how to remove yourself from bounce list check this link out)
The points below will help you to understand and prevent email related issues
1) First, click "Emails" and choose an email alert you need to update:
2) Make sure that all of your form's email alerts (on each form) are set this way
2.1) First, make sure to assign a value in your "Sender Name". You can assign a field from your form where the user enters her name (usually the"Name" field -or similar), or you can leave "JotForm" as its default value.
You should be able to see the "Sender Email" like this:
In addition to this, you may whitelist our domain names, if the issue continues, as we use Amazon SES method for "firstname.lastname@example.org" sender. Here are our domain names:- us-sub1.jotservers.com
You can learn more about our JotMail IP addresses and domain name servers that may need to be whitelisted on your end in this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/145-Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses
3) If you do not want our email addresses email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to be setup as the Sender E-mail, then you can use your own mail servers as the sender. I strongly suggest using your SMTP details for this. Here's a guide that will walk you through: https://www.jotform.com/help/244-How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form
Important Note: When testing email notification, you have to submit an actual submissions with your form. Clicking "Test Email" button found on the notification wizard will ONLY send emails to the email address that is associated to your JotForm account (the Primary email address). Simply open your form on "live mode" (click on "Preview") , fill out the form and submit a test-entry in order to see if the notifications are being sent correctly. You should get the notification on the specified email address.