Jotform Smart PDF Forms converts your existing PDF form into an online form. That saves you time creating the form from scratch. Another benefit of Jotform Smart PDF Forms is the ability to download responses as part of the original PDF. Please visit How to Download the Original PDF With Submission Data for more information.
With Jotform Smart PDF Forms, it’s also possible to save the original PDF to cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, and Egnyte through integration. But since the integration works differently for non-HIPAA and HIPAA accounts, let’s break this down into two parts.
Saving Original PDF to Cloud Services Using Non-HIPAA Account
For non-HIPAA accounts, there is no specific condition when setting up the integration. The integration is very basic. Here’s how you can do that:
- In the Smart PDF Forms Builder, go to the Settings tab.
- Click the Integrations from the left panel.
- Select Document Sharing as the category
- Click on the cloud service you want to use, as highlighted in the below screenshot. Let’s use Google Drive as an example.
- Connect your Google Drive account by clicking on Authenticate button.
- Set up your folders as shown in the below screenshot. On the top-right of the second box, you’ll see the Form Fields dropdown. Click that to customize the Submissions Folder.
- Click the Complete Integration and Finish buttons, and that’s it!
For the other integration steps, visit the following help pages:
- How to Integrate a Form with Google Drive
- Upload to Dropbox With Jotform
- How to Integrate Jotform with Box
- How to Integrate Jotform with OneDrive
- How to Integrate Jotform with Egnyte
Saving Original PDF to Cloud Services Using a HIPAA Account
For HIPAA accounts, the integration will optionally ask you to enable or disable an option regarding protected information. Here’s how you can do that:
- In the Form Builder, click the Settings tab.
- Go to the Integrations.
- Select Document Sharing. You’ll find Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box in this category. These are the only cloud integration available for HIPAA accounts.
- Click the cloud you want to use. Let’s take, for example, Google Drive.
- Click the Authenticate button to link your Google Drive account. Once linked, the page will redirect you to the optional PHP question and folder settings.
Now, here comes the condition. You’ll see the Send PHI to Google Drive option at the top. It’s set to No by default. If you leave the toggle to No, you can only choose the non-PHI fields as the folder name. Likewise, the original PDF sent to Google Drive will only include data from the non-PHI fields.
For details regarding PHI fields, kindly visit How to Set PHI Fields on Your Forms.
If you toggle the Send PHI to Google Drive option to Yes, the integration will ask you to sign a simple term regarding HIPAA compliance of the 3rd party you’re integrating. Once you sign, you must click the Confirm and Sign button.
At this stage, you should now see and can select the PHI fields as your folder name in the settings. The integration will also include the PHI fields to the original PDF sent to the cloud.
- Click the Complete Integration button to save the integration settings.
- Finally, click the Finish button, and that’s it!