Cash App is a mobile payment service developed by Block, Inc., formerly Square, Inc., that allows users to transfer money to one another.
Jotform users can now add Cash App Pay to their forms by following the steps below.
Adding and Setting up Cash App Pay
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Search for Cash App Pay, and click or drag and drop it to add it to your form.
- In the Payment Settings window, click the blue Connect via Square button.
- Once connected, you should see the green button that says Connected via Square.
- Select your Business Location.
- Choose your Payment Type. With Cash App Pay, you can sell products, collect donations, and accept user-defined amounts.
The Cash App Pay via Square integration only works in the U.S., so you must have a U.S. Square account for it to work. USD is the only accepted currency because the integration only supports U.S.-based accounts. Though you can connect to a non-U.S. Square account, Cash App Pay will not work unless you have a U.S. Square account.
- In the Additional Gateway Settings, you have the following options:
- Send information from the Customer Email field in your form to your Square transaction history
- Allow or prevent users from selecting multiple products
- Show the total price on the form
- Turn on the Authorization Only feature to allow Cash App Pay to authorize payment only and manually charge the customer later
- Turn on the Send Payment Receipt feature to send your customers a link to their receipt
- Click the Continue or Save button.
- If you’d like to sell products or add a user subscription, click Continue. If your user only needs to make a payment, click the Save button to complete the integration.
Related user guides:
- Setting Up Your First Order Form
- How to Add Options to Payment Forms
- How to Add a Coupon Code to Payment Forms
- How to Add Tax to Your Payment Form
- How to Add Shipping Costs to Payment Forms
- How to Generate an Invoice for Your Payment Form
How Cash App Pay Works For Your Customers
To use Cash App’s Scan to Pay flow, your customers should have Cash App (Android | IOS) installed on their mobile devices. Please read the user guide from Cash App for additional information. But here’s the Scan to Pay flow in a nutshell:
- Your customer selects the product from your form.
- They have to choose Cash App Pay from the list of payment methods.
- Next, they must click the Cash App Pay button.
- Scan the QR in the form through the Cash App app, and confirm the prompt.
- The form will then display the thank you message for the successful payment.