Browse Article by Topicssmtp custom sender smtp configurations smtp configuration mandrill setting up smtp smtp protocols
- How to use Mandrill to Send Emails From Your Own Email Address
- How to Add a Custom Sender Address to an Email Alert
- Set The Sender Email Address With Mandrill Account
- How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings
- How to Setup SMTP for a Form
- How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTP
- How to Get Notified if Email Alerts Failed to Send
Related Forum Questions
- How to set Office365 SMTP settings for email?
- SMTP Gail configuration error
- SMTP setup and phpmailer?
- Test Email button is ignoring my SMTP setup
- Set up SMTP email sending but still getting added to Bounce List
- How to find SMTP settings?
- Hotmail SMTP configuration is not working
- Still issues with Email Notifications with Form
- SMTP Server is not working
- Your system changes our SMTP setings automaticaly..
How to Setup SMTP for a FormLast Update: January 21, 2017
Many JotForm users create forms for their clients or organizations, or they send autoresponder emails to people who fill their forms. Removing JotForm branding from these emails and having the emails sent from their own address is necessary.
Another reason to use this feature might be to increase reliability. We send hundreds of thousands of emails every single day. It is our job to send emails reliably, and we are very good at it. But, sometimes our emails go to your spam filter or we might get blacklisted on a spam list temporarily. These kinds of things happen when you send huge amounts of emails. There is no way around it. You now have another option when you are not completely happy with our email sending facility.
How to Setup SMTP for a Form
Setting up your own SMTP account on a form is very easy. You can do so while editing your form in the form builder.
1. First, click "Emails" in your form builder.
2. Then select the email alert you would like to send using SMTP. Hover on the email alert and click the "Edit" button. In my case, I'll edit my email notification.
3. Click on "Advanced" tab and scroll down.
4. From the "Sender Email" option, select "Add new email address".
5. After clicking "Add new email address" another drop down option labeled "Email Type" will show up. Select "SMTP" there.
6. It should then show up the SMTP fields you need to complete. Please note that SMTP details will depend on the email provider you have. You need to contact your email provider to get these details. In my case, I'll be using Gmail's SMTP details. Click the "Add Email" button after completing the details.
7. You should see a message that you have successfully completed the setup, your email address is now listed under the sender email list.
That's it! Your emails will be sent using your own SMTP server from now on.
Here is the good news: You will only do this setup once. You can choose to use the same email address on the next form without re-entering the information.
Do you need to Edit/Delete the SMTP Emails? Not a problem!
Please check this tutorial. How to Edit/Delete the SMTP Emails