Sofort Direct Banking (also known as Pay now with Klarna) is a popular service that allows you to quickly and easily make online purchases using your banking details. The online merchant immediately receives a real-time confirmation of the transfer, and the order can be processed right away.
What Can You Do With Jotform’s Sofort Integration?
- Sell products.
- Collect donations.
- Accept custom payments.
Creating Project at Sofort
First, you have to go to Sofort’s website and complete the following steps to integrate with Jotform successfully.
- Log into your Sofort account, and under Projects, click the New Project link.
- Click the Create Project button on the next window.
- Choose the Gateway Project option.
- Click the Create Project button at the bottom part.
- Fill up and select the following options from the General Settings section.
- Project Name
- Shop System. You need to select Jotform from the list.
- Website. You will need to enter your Form URL in this box.
It is very important not to modify anything from the Settings for all payment methods.
- Under Payment Methods, check Sofort. And under General Product Settings of Sofort, make sure the Sender country locked option is not checked.
You can enable test mode and make test transactions if you want. Test transactions will not increase your payment submissions count, and they will not charge actual money.
- Once everything is filled and set up, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- After successfully saving the project, you will see the API credentials under the General Settings section. Copy the configuration key from here.
Adding and Setting up Sofort in the Form
- In the form builder, click the Add Form Element button on the left side of the screen.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Search or find Sofort and click or drag/drop it to add.
- When you add Sofort, the Payment Settings will automatically open. Otherwise, click the Wand icon to open it.
- Paste the Configuration Key into the payment integration settings.
Sofort integration supports the following currencies only:
- EUR European Union Currency
- CHF Swiss Franc
- GBP British Pound
- PLN Polish Złoty
- SEK Swedish Krona
- CZK Czech Koruna
- HUF Hungarian Forint
Once everything is set up from the Payment Settings, click the Continue button at the bottom to add your products. If you have chosen User Defined Amount or Collect Donation options, click the Save button, and you’re done.
Related User Guides:
- Setting Up Your First Order Form
- How to Add Options to Payment Forms
- How to Add Coupon Code to Payment Forms
- How to Add Tax to Your Payment Form
- How to Add Shipping Cost to Payment Forms
- How to Generate an Invoice for Your Payment Form
Sofort Payment Process
When users submit your form, they will be redirected to Sofort’s payment page to complete the payment. Here’s a demo:
Note that the payment completion might take up to 10 minutes. In this case, you will find the payment from the Incomplete Payment section of the Jotform Tables.
Related Guide: How to View Incomplete Payments of Your Payment Forms.
Another thing to note is that if you complete a submission manually from the Incomplete Payments section, you won’t see the Transaction ID in form emails, Jotform Tables, and Inbox even after the payment is received. Also, manually completed submissions for Sofort will always increase your payment submissions count even if they are in test mode.
At Sofort, you need to view the transaction and confirm if the payment has been received. Go to https://www.sofort.com/payment/transactions, and click the Transaction ID:
If you’re sure the payment is received, click the Payment Received button in the transaction details, and you’re done. At this stage, the form emails 3rd-party integrations are triggered.
Lastly, you can find both Form ID and Submission ID from the transaction list. It’s helpful in finding and referencing submissions from your customers.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Jotform’s Sofort integration, feel free to post them in the comments below.