Sofort Direct Banking (also known as Pay now with Klarna) is a popular service that allows you to quickly and easily make online purchases using your banking details. The online merchant immediately receives a real-time confirmation of the transfer, and the order can be processed right away.
How to integrate Sofort with your form
December 21, 2020
What can you do with Jotform’s Sofort Integration?
– Sell products.
– Collect donations.
– Accept custom payments.
How do you integrate your forms with Sofort?
First, you have to go to Sofort’s website and complete the following steps to successfully integrate with Jotform.
1. Log into your Sofort account and create a new project.
2. Choose the “Gateway project” option.
3. Under the “General settings” section, choose Jotform as the “Shop system” and enter your form URL for the website.
4. Do not modify anything in the section below.
5. Make sure to check Sofort in the “Payment methods” section and make sure the “Sender country locked” option is not checked. You can enable test mode and make test transactions if you want. Test transactions will not increase your payment submissions count, and they will not charge actual money. More details on test mode and the credentials for test transactions can be found in the screenshot below.
6. Fill in the remaining fields on the page and click the “save” button.
7. After successfully saving the project, you will be able to see the API credentials. Copy the configuration key from here.
1. Open the form builder and Create a form.
2. Click “Add Form Element.”
3. Open the “Payments” tab and find Sofort on the list. Click or drag and drop it onto the form.
4. Paste the configuration key into the payment integration wizard.
Currency and Payment Types
The following currencies are available for Sofort integration.
Select one of the payment types in the payment type dropdown menu. If you select “Sell Products” and click “Continue,” you will create your products, coupons (optional), shipping (optional), and tax (optional) in the next step.
You can also add image, quantity, and other options to your products in this step.
If you select “Collect Donations” or “User Defined Amount,” there is no next step. Your integration will be complete.
The Payment Process
When users submit your form, they will be redirected to Sofort’s payment page to complete the payment there.
Incomplete payments and received payments will be listed differently on your submissions page. You can also find transaction IDs for completed submissions here.
When a user is redirected to Sofort to complete payment, the submission will appear in the Incomplete Payments section of the submissions page. If the “Notify Jotform on pending payments” option is enabled, the submission will be completed as soon as the payment to Sofort is initiated. If “Notify Jotform on received payments” is enabled, the submission will only be completed when Sofort notifies Jotform about payment completion.
You can change these options from the payment wizard.
Payment completion might take up to 10 minutes. After the payment is completed, it will be listed with the transaction ID.
If you complete a submission manually from the “Incomplete Payments” section, you won’t be able to see the transaction ID even after the payment is received. Also, manually completed submissions for Sofort will always increase your payment submissions count even if they are in test mode.
Test submissions do not move from the incomplete payments list by themselves if Jotform is to be notified on pending payments, because test transactions are initially listed as pending payments in Sofort’s transaction list. You need to manually click the “Payment Received” button in the transaction details.
You can find submission IDs and form IDs for the related transactions in the transactions list at https://www.sofort.com/payment/transactions.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Jotform’s Sofort integration, feel free to post them in the comments below.
Thank you for helping improve Jotform's user guides. 🎉