ClickUp is a powerful cloud-based collaboration and project management tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. Its features include communication and collaboration tools, task assignments and statuses, alerts and integrations with popular third-party software.
Right now, Jotform’s ClickUp integration has 3 actions:
- Creating a task.
- Creating a subtask.
- Creating a task comment.
Setting up this integration is easy, just follow these simple steps:
Open the form you want to integrate with your ClickUp Workspace and activate the ClickUp Integration:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Select Integrations in the panel on the left side.
- Search for ClickUp in the Search Bar.
- Click on the ClickUp Integration Icon.
Now, on the next page, click on the green Authenticate button:
This will redirect you to the ClickUp login page. Use your ClickUp login credentials for the authentication:
If the authentication was successful, you’ll be able to select a Workspace for the integration:
After connecting your ClickUp Workspace, go to the Jotform page and Choose an Action for the integration:
Create a Task
The Create a Task integration lets you add a Jotform submission as a ClickUp Task automatically.
Creating a Task is easy. Here’s how:
- Choose a Workspace.
- Then, choose a Space.
- Now, choose a Folder (if the list wasn’t created under a Folder in Clickup, it will be listed under Folderless Lists).
- Choose a List.
- Match ClickUp and Jotform Fields.
- Add New Fields if needed. In addition to matching fields, you can also set up predefined options. These predefined options will be populated for the Dropdown and Labels columns of the Clickup task.
- Tick this option if you want files that were uploaded to the form using the File Upload element be sent to ClickUp as well.
- Save all of the settings and you’re done.
Other actions like Creating a Subtask or Creating a Task Comment use almost the same field mapping. Use them if you want to add a submission as a subtask or task comment.
When you set up your integration successfully, every form submission will automatically add a task to your ClickUp Dashboard:
Rules and Limitations
ClickUp is forcing the phone number entered to have country code. Thus if the phone number in Jotform form does not have the country code, then it cannot be inserted to ClickUp.
The Phone Number field in Jotform has to be set as follows:
Send Data to Other Applications from Tables
You can also create a Send Data button from Jotform Tables to send submissions as ClickUp tasks manually.
The Send Data button is easy to add. Just go to the Jotform Tables, scroll to the right border on your table and click on the Add button:
In the window that opens, select the Buttons tab, choose Send Data to Other Apps, and click Next:
Enter the name of the new column for the buttons. After that, select the current ClickUp integration or add a new one:
Clicking on the Create Column Button will create the Button Column and you can manually send submission data to your ClickUp.