The Action Buttons feature allows you to set up entry-related tasks like forwarding data or files, and then perform the task with a single click.
To create an Action Button…
- Click the Add column heading in Jotform Tables.
You can also add new columns using the Columns button in the upper right.
- Go to the Buttons tab.
- Select the task for your Action Button.
Supported tasks are as follows:
- Send Email – send entry data to selected addresses.
- Send Data to Other Apps – send entry data to a 3rd party app.
- Send Files – sync your attachments to external services.
- Send PDF – attach a PDF Submission Report to an email.
- Send Form – email a form with pre-populated answers.
- Request Update – ask users to update their submission entry.
- Send Data via Webhook – send entries to an external service via webhook.
How to Trigger the Action Buttons
Once set, you can trigger an Action Button by simply clicking on it.
To retrigger an Action Button, click the down angle icon next to its log and select the action.
How to Trigger an Action Button for Multiple Entries
- Select the entries in Jotform Tables.
- Click on the kebab menu icon in the upper right.
- Hover on Buttons.
- Select the Action Button task.
You can retrigger an Action Button for multiple entries the same way.