FTP or File Transfer Protocol is a way of transferring files between computers. If you have an upload field in your form and want to forward those submitted files directly to your server, FTP Integration can do that.
Setting up the FTP Integration is super easy. Let’s start!
- In the form builder, go to the Settings tab.
- Click Integrations on the left.
- Search for FTP, and click it to see the authentication boxes.
- Enter your FTP Credentials for the authentication.
- Click the Authenticate button once the credentials are in place. If your FTP credentials work, proceed to the next step below.
If your hosting provider says so, you would need to check FTP connection is passive. Otherwise, leave it unchecked.
- On the next screen, you’ll get the following options.
- Select a folder. This folder will be the main submission folder of the integration. If you haven’t created the folder yet, you can type it in and let the integration create it for you upon receiving your first submission in the form.
- Create a subfolder for each submission. If you want to create a subfolder for each form submission. Uncheck this option if you want to save the file uploads and PDF to the main folder. For this option, the integration selects the Submission ID by default, but it supports the following fields: Name, Email, Short Text, Dropdown, and Single Choice fields.
- Send submission PDF. If you wish to send the primary/default PDF document of your form to the FTP. Uncheck this if you want to save the file uploads only.
- Select the upload fields to send to your server. If you have a file upload field in your form, and if you wish to send the uploads to the FTP. You can choose which file upload field to save if you have multiple of this in the form.
The default path goes this way: Main Folder > Submissions Folder > Subfolder for Form Submissions.
There is no option you can save submissions to the main folder. The Submissions Folder will always base its name on the Form Title.
Both the “Send submission PDF” and “Select the upload fields to send to your server” options are hidden when you do not have a file upload field(s) in your form.
- Please don’t forget to click the Save button to save the integration.
- Lastly, click the Finish button to complete the integration.