Although scripts and iframes are not allowed in Joomla’s editor by default, you could embed the form into your website using the following steps.
Getting the Embed Code
The first step is to copy the embed code:
- Go to the Publish tab in the Form Builder.
- Choose Platforms on the left.
- Search and select Joomla.
- Copy the code provided.
Once you have the embed code, the next step is to add it to your Joomla website.
Embedding the Form into Joomla
You can add a form to Joomla by disabling the editor temporarily, using an extension, or setting up the text filters.
Disable the editor temporarily
The easiest way to embed the form into your Joomla website is by temporarily disabling the default editor:
- Go to Systems then choose Global Configuration.
- Set the Default Editor option to “Editor – None.”
- Paste the embed code in your article and save the changes.
- Go back to Global Configuration and reenable the editor.
If you’re looking for something permanent, you can try the following setup.
Use an extension
To embed a form using an extension:
- Install Sourcerer to your Joomla website.
- Create or edit the article.
- Click Content CMS in the editor then choose Code from the menu.
- Paste the embed code then click Insert.
- Save the changes and preview your article.
To learn more, visit: https://docs4.regularlabs.com/sourcerer/
Set up the text filters
You can also embed the form without disabling editors or installing extensions. This can be done by setting up Joomla’s text filters.
The following example is for setting up TinyMCE’s text filter option for Super Users. Adjust accordingly for other editors and user roles.
To set up the text filters:
- Go to System then choose Plugins.
- Search and select TinyMCE.
- Make sure that Set 0 (where Super Users is assigned) is selected.
- Scroll down to the Use Joomla Text Filter option and set it to “On.”
The next step is to check the user permissions for text filters.
- Go to System then select Text Filters.
- Make sure that Super Users is set to “No Filtering.”
You should now be able to place embed codes in the article editor.