- ycobaAsked on December 01, 2016 at 10:24 AM
I have a problem with my data base in excel. I have a question in my survey where you can choose multiple options, but when I download my data base in excel, all the answers come together in just one cell so at the moment of tabulating it causes troubles. How can I formulate the question in my survey in order to avoid have that type of problem?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 12:01 PM
I see the problem you're experiencing. It is happening because checkboxes are acting as one field when it comes to exporting submissions to Spreadsheet.
But there is a workaround.
You can add one Form calculation field to your form that will be able to show options separated by a comma.
Here is how you can do that:
1. Add all options from checkboxes to Calculation values:
2. Add Form calculation widget and add your checkboxes field to the calculation:
Plese be mindful that you need to switch your field in the calculation to deal with words and not numbers (in the picture above sign A-Z next to the name of the field) and you do that simply by clicking it.
Also, add brackets around it.
3. You can make form calculation field hidden so it doesn't confuse your submitters:
And this is how it will look like in Excel Spreadsheet:
Hope it helps.
Please let us know your thoughts!