What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Retrieve data from mySQL databaseAsked by andycoburn on January 10, 2017 at 01:50 PM
Hello, I am trying to create a membership renewal form and I want to do something like this:
1. Get the user to enter their membership id in a text box
2. Click a button 'Retrieve details'
3. Perform a query on my MySQL database and populate the form with the existing details for that member
4. The member makes any necessary edits or does nothing if no details have changed
5. The member submits his renewal
Is any of this possible? Should I use Google Sheets instead?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use external values or database and populate the form fields. You need to manually enter the values and create multiple Update/Calculate Field conditions in your form.
Hope that helps. Thank you.