- fackovecAsked on January 27, 2017 at 11:34 AM
I have had feedback from several clients that they fill out a form, with no problem, but when they get to the credit card field of the Square applet they can not enter their cc number, code, exp date or zip.
I have checked and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
Can you give any advice on how to fix this?
The page is https://form.jotform.com/62708458469167
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 27, 2017 at 12:25 PM
I can not reproduce the issue. The credit card fields of your payment integration do let me input data. Is there a specific browser version and device where the issue is reproducing?
- fackovecAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 08:05 AM
I have been able to isolate the problem-
If you load the form initially, it works fine, however- if you refresh the page, the Square credit card data entry fields (other then name) become inoperable. (The users report that they don't manually refresh the page).
BTW- I have built a new form and disabled the old form- here is a new link https://form.jotform.com/63263273422148
I have enquired about what browser, etc... the clients are using- they mostly report using IE (The standard on all the hospital computers)- nothing odd jumps out as fard as ISPs etc...
Does this give you any ideas?
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 09:20 AM
We are sorry for this inconvenience.
I was able to replicate your issue only at IE. It is happening due to 'X' on credit card field. However, this X is only visible at IE. Here is the list of what I did to replicate your issue on my side.
1. I opened your form on IE and filled the credit card section with a short number- not passing X-. I clicked X to remove entered number. Then, I was able to retype.
2. I opened your form on IE and filled the credit card section with a long number -passing through X- I clicked X to remove entered number. Then, I was not able to retype unless I refresh the page.
3. I did step 1 and 2 at Chrome, I was able to type at both situation since there is no X icon at chrome.
I'm going to consult this with one of our developers. Since, I'm not sure that it will be fixed or not. Then, I will inform you via this thread.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 02:49 AM
I asked our developers regarding your issue.
Unfortunately, there is nothing to do on our side to fix it. Since, it is a square issue rather than a Jotform issue. That part is rendered through Square and that bug is square integration failure. You may consider to contact with Square support.
For a temporary solution, you can advise your user to refresh the page when they can not retype or use another browser.
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us. We would be pleased to assist you for any issue you may have.