- szarif82Asked on February 02, 2017 at 03:56 AM
I need this form to allow clients to input their invoice number, invoice total, and submit a payment via paypal. The paypal will be linked to my business paypal account. I have included a screenshot of a template I think might work for me but I cannot figure out how to edit it. I want to change the area that says "my products" and has the different pricing options and replace it with the invoice number and the amount being paid. Is this possible?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 04:53 AM
I'm currently checking your requirement. Please allow me sometime to further investigate. I'll get back once I'm done.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 05:15 AM
To change the fields that says "my products" you can replace it by following the instructions below:
1. Click the Payment Wizard icon
2. By scrolling down, you can see the Payment Type and please select the User Defined Amount. Then, change the Payment Type Sub Label into "Invoice", click save.
3. To add an Invoice Number, simply add a Textbox field on your form and label it as Invoice Number.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- szarif82Answered on February 02, 2017 at 08:10 PM
Thank you for your response! Before I can do anything it is asking for a paypal API username and password. When I input this information it says it cannot be verified. Is there something I need to do first or is this something I need to contact paypal for?
- szarif82Answered on February 02, 2017 at 08:12 PM
Is there a different plan I need to be able to use paypal?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 09:22 PM
Please make sure that you have agreed to the billing agreement for the Paypal Business account. You may contact Paypal to confirm this. If you have, please try submitting the form with a minimum payment to verify that the paypal integration is successful.
If you are still experiencing an error during the submission, please let us know.
- szarif82Answered on February 07, 2017 at 12:41 PM
I have contacted PayPal regarding the API username and why it cannot be verified, they're supposed to be getting back to me.
Just so I'm clear, can I use the paypal form/button with a regular business account or do I need to have the Payments Pro account?
- AIDANAnswered on February 07, 2017 at 02:04 PM
I would state that the answer depends on your specific needs versus the difference between PayPal and PayPal Pro integrations. We have detailed them in our guide here: https://www.jotform.com/help/183-Difference-Between-PayPal-PayPal-Pro
By examining the differences mentioned in this page, you will be able to decide which integration is better suited for you.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions or need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.