What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to show form only to visitors located in a specific country.Asked by infiniteali on February 02, 2017 at 11:34 AM
Receiving international submissions that we do not service. Is there a way to hide a jotform if the IP address is not located in the US?
This is possible, please follow this workaround:
1) Click on Form Elements>>Widgets>>Type "Get Visitor Location" and add the widget.
2) Click on the wand icon:
3) Leave the country option checked only, and click on "Update widget":
4) Then click on the gear icon and scroll down to hide the field by setting it to 'YES", and click on the save button below:
5) Then add a Section Collapse field, and label it as you want to, in this case I have named it as "Show form"
6) Then create the following condition:
(Click on Settings>>Conditions>>Show/Hide Field)
7) Finally, change the collapse settings to have the "Section Visibility" as "Visible" and the "Button Visibility" as "Hidden":
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.co/60636046528861
Let us know if you need more help.
I have removed the widget from now, and forwarded this to our back-end team. Also I made a clone version of your form in your account, so our back-end team can test with it. You will be notified via this thread when this gets fixed.
The widget is working now but following the instructions didn't show a form, the demo is also blank. Resolved it with the following:
1) Value in the Condition should be "Country: United States"
2) The condition didn't work for me if the Get Location Widget was hidden through settings. I hid the input ID through CSS and it seems to work.
Glad to know you managed to solved it. I can see it is working as expected now. Let us know if you need anything else, we will be glad to assist you.