- PureWasabiAsked on February 08, 2017 at 01:13 AM
1. I have a paid DropBox account (Pro) so have plenty of space. So reading from these points am I still limited to 300mb for files to go to my Dropbox folder from the upload button on a form?
2. Also is there anyway to stop the videos from being stored in my jotform account (mirrored). Just simply uploaded to Dropbox? I don't want to fill up my account in Jotform or the files count against me.
This is a re-post of a comment on Changing the File Upload Size Limit
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 02:11 AM
#1. It seems that the 300 MB is the limit per file which can be uploaded from JotForm to integrated dropbox account.
#2. Unfortunately no. Please note that when file is uploaded in form, it is first uploaded to JotForm and then a copy of the file is sent to integrated dropbox account. It is not possible to directly upload submission to only dropbox account.
Please note that if you want to free up your upload storage space, you will have to delete submissions records which has file attachment. Please note that deleting a submission record will also delete the attached file as well.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 12, 2017 at 11:48 PM
I have moved your question to a new thread so that we can address it separately. You will be answered in the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1118168