- doron200Asked on April 11, 2017 at 11:29 AMWith regard to the previous code to retain the inputted drop downs, then redirect, i have changed it to point to a page on my website then added the placeholder code as follows:
the form appears but doesnt contact any retention previously inputted. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 11, 2017 at 02:42 PM
I was inspecting your form and I could see what you're currently referring to, I noticed there's an error in the pre-population method you used, for example, passing the variables as you're currently doing will not work:
You will need to pass the variables through the link to the webpage the form is embedded on, example:
Could you please try doing this change on your webpage?
Here're the steps:
1. Edit your first form (http://www.jotformeu.com/form/70992569034364) and change the custom thank you page, pass the variables from this form as shown on my example:
2. Go to your webpage and edit the current embedded code, it should be like this:
Note that the variables in the link of the embedded code have been removed.
3. Please, test your first form and it should redirect to the second webpage with the fields pre-populated.
Please, do let us know how it goes.
- doron200Answered on April 12, 2017 at 07:44 AMThanks that is excellent! You guys deserve a lot of credit.
- doron200Answered on April 12, 2017 at 11:45 AMJust one last thing regarding this case. The tab that is highlighted appears to be incorrect when pressing 'Next' - although this works fine in jotform when previewing, it fails when on my site. You can test this from here: https://www.skytekit.com/n/ - Also the submit button isnt aligned even though i added the CSS.
- AIDANAnswered on April 12, 2017 at 02:06 PM
As this is a different request from the one your initially sent in this thread, I'm creating a new one here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1117777
Please consider creating new threads for different questions and requests that you may have in the future. Thank you in advance.