- cjackson1287Asked on April 24, 2017 at 09:17 AM
Currently, on our "Adoption Form" we are not receiving the email submissions. They are set up and the correct email is in place. Can someone please advise?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 24, 2017 at 10:45 AM
The recipient of the form has been placed on our bounce list. I've fixed this already, but I would suggest doing the following to fix the problem:
1. Re-create the notification email.
2. Use firstname.lastname@example.org as the sender email.
It's a Gmail account and we don't have any issues with Gmail, but it seems that the notification is based on the old form builder so re-creating it should fix the problem.
- cjackson1287Answered on May 05, 2017 at 06:06 PM
We're still having issues with this in our application of employment form.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 06:15 PM
Your form recipient is email@example.com. We don't have any issues with Gmail. Our email log shows that the form emails are sent to this email address. Please check. The emails may have been filtered as spam.
- cjackson1287Answered on May 05, 2017 at 06:17 PM
Not for the application of emplpyement? I have conditions set up to send to the appropriate email depending on selection of desired location
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 06:50 PM
firstname.lastname@example.org is IN the bounce list
Reason(s) : smtp; 554 5.1.2
The reason means that the email address rejected the form emails from Jotform. To fix this, you would need to advise the recipient to do the following:
1. Add email@example.com to their safe sender or contact list.
2. Whitelist jotform.com domain. If you can whitelist a list of IP addresses, please do so with Jotform. You can find our list here: https://www.jotform.com/help/145-Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses.
Note that I've fixed the bounce email to our end. The email condition should work now.
- rcchislehurstAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 07:09 PM
May not be your particular problem - but this has happened to us more than once. Our solution has been to add a second recipient email address for notification emails and test (by completing a form online). At that point, emails are then received at BOTH email addresses. We then remove the 2nd email address and retest and find that it is now working correctly.
Clearly a bug that JotForm needs to fix (this problem has been around for quite a long time).
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 08:50 PM
We understand, and our backend team has addressed this matter already. But the contents of the emails are unique for each form. Some terms are common in spam emails, and most email providers will block it. We can't force email providers to whitelist us, that's why we always suggest to our users to do it instead for our list of sending domains and IP addresses.
The bounce listing is one of the methods that we used to determine if the hosting provider is accepting our emails. To know the reason, and to see what can be done to prevent it.
If the problem happens again, let us know by updating this thread.