- LGSCAsked on May 12, 2017 at 01:33 PM
How can I enter a coupon code for when I complete the form for people that have already paid?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 02:47 PM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly. Do you mean to say that you want to apply coupon code in already submitted submission with payment?
I did check your form and found that you have added Paypal payment tool. Please note that if the form is submitted, though it is possible to edit the submissions but it is not possible to edit the payment information.
I would suggest you to please explain your requirement a bit more in detail and we will try to help you.
We will wait for your response.
- LGSCAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 06:43 PMI have a couple people that have already paid but I want to enter their information on the form. So how can i enter their information on the form with out being required to pay again. In the past we could add a code for people that already paid
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 11:22 PM
Are you requesting the payments in a different form?
If you're not using a form or if you're requesting payments through a different form, I think would not be required to add the payment field to the second form where you will add the information.
For example, if they have already paid, you could only enter their information and submit it, this will save the record that you can access later on through the submissions page.
However, if you would still require to add a payment integration to your form, if they already paid and no payment is required, then you could set a coupon code that removes the payment amount, this will work as long as you are generating a new submission, as explained by Ashwin above, if the submission already exists, the payment field cannot be edited.
Please, check the following guide in order to add a coupon code to your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/233-How-To-Add-Coupon-Code-in-the-Payment-Form
Hope this helps.
- LGSCAnswered on May 15, 2017 at 09:43 AMI am not seeing this option. Does it have anything to do with the paypal
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 15, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Upon checking your form it seems you're using the "User defined amount" payment type, this indeed does not allow to set up coupon codes in the payment integration.
You will need to manually perform the calculations for your coupon code, here's a guide that will help you with the calculations: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
And this guide will help you to pass the result of the calculation to your payment field: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-Pass-a-Calculation-to-a-Payment-Field
Here's an example about how this should work: https://form.jotformpro.com/71344438841963
Enter the coupon code "100XY" and you should see the total changes. Feel free to clone my form too.
Hope this helps.